5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2010 3:00 PM by nealeh

Unable to Render - PE8

Steven-K

I just transferred the project files to the new computer. And used the PE8 installation disk to install the program files.

Unable to render...

It displays a solid red line ( no green) from beginning to the end of the project. Prior to transfer of project files, a green line was visible (old computer) for most of the project. When I try to use "Render Work Area" on the new computer, the video starts to play, and no rendering takes place.

• 1. Re: Unable to Render - PE8
          nealeh Level 5

I'm guessing you did not use the Project Archiver to copy the files. I suggest you remove the following folders from your new computer Project Directory:

• Adobe Premiere Elements Auto-Save
          • Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files
          • Encoded Files
          • Media Cache Files

Then open your project and press [Enter] to recreate the preview files PRE uses.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Unable to Render - PE8
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Also, was the project created with an earlier version of Premiere Elements? There can be problems if you open an older version project with a newer version of the program.

How much free, defragmented space is left on your hard drive? If you are using a driver other than your C drive as your project drive, have you ensured that the drive is formatted NTFS rather than FAT32?

What kind of camcorder did your source files come from and how did you get them into your computer?

• 3. Re: Unable to Render - PE8
              Steven-K Level 1

The files were transferred from the old computer to the new computer "manually". From XP Service pack 3 to Win 7 - 64 bit. The new computer has 1.5 TB on the C: drive.

I have deleted the suggested files, but it did not help. Still unable to render. The rendering process starts and works for about 25 seconds and then abruptly stops and the video starts to play from the beginning.

The solid red line appears throughout the project. No green line is visible.

The following does not make sense:

The project is complete, therefore I decided to burn it to a DVD, with it's solid red line. It worked! The video including the titles, soundtrack, etc... burned properly to the DVD disc. The project was an old VHS (1984) tape that I converted to .AVI. The DVD was played on my Blu Ray player and 56" HDTV. The quality and sound was excellent!

Why did it burn, if no rendering is possible? Is rendering a requirement?

• 4. Re: Unable to Render - PE8
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I don't have enough information to say.

But is your Work Area Bar over the entire project? Usually the only part of your project that will render is the part that has the Work Area Bar over it.

However, when you output your DVD, you get the entire project.

• 5. Re: Unable to Render - PE8
                  nealeh Level 5
                  function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}

Steven-K wrote:

Why did it burn, if no rendering is possible? Is rendering a requirement?

No. When you render during project build the renders are merely to give a better preview of effects, transitions etc...

When you Share the project, it renders the entire workspace anew.

Cheers,
                  --
                  Neale
                  Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

1 person found this helpful