1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 4, 2011 5:20 AM by Shailen TJ

receiving  java.io.EOFException

sameershelavale

i have started getting this error whenever i try to test a data/service call

InvocationTargetException:There was an error while  invoking the operation. Check your operation inputs or server code and try  invoking the operation again.

Reason: java.io.EOFException

I didnt make any change in code,

can anyone please help me resolve the error?

• 1. Re: receiving  java.io.EOFException
          Shailen TJ Level 1

This is a very generic error. Unfortunlately, error messages in the Flex/Flash Builder/Flash/Adobe* domain are not as well-structured and documented as error messages, say with MySQL.

I noticed that whenever I changed something in my gateway file, my whole Flex/PHP project gets corrupted and my Flex application will not communicate with my mysql server anymore. Even if I revert to the original gateway file, nothing would work.

I then have to re-create my whole project. I am on my 9th re-creation at the moment.

It is very very sad that Adobe products are so buggy and relatively poorly done. While flash is popular, programming for it is really painful.

The IDE, Flash Builder 4.5 for PHP is extremely buggy. Eclipse on itself works fine. But FB and all its gateway options just add a layer of complexity and make things very difficult for the programmer.