5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2010 11:17 AM by Peter Spier RSS

Change spread in indesign

Lena P

Hi!
      I wonder if it is possible to create a spread that looks like this picture? I am making a calendar and it folds "upwards" made of 2 A4 pages. I have InDesign CS5. I know you can change the spred "view" to look like this, but I would like to change the actual spread too.

Also wonder if anybody knows if you can change the page transition direction in CS5. I don´t seem to be able to do that. It´s greyed out.

Hoping for the best!

/ Lena P

InDesign.jpg

• 1. Re: Change spread in indesign
          Peter Spier ACP/MVPs

Selct the spread inthe Pages panel, then right click or open the panel menu and choose Rotate Spread View...

The pages will rotate in the document window, but not in the panel.

• 2. Re: Change spread in indesign
            Lena P Community Member

I don´t seem to be able to find a way to respond directly in the forum

therefore I reply to this mail.

I do not want to only rotate the view, I would like to acuallty rotate the

whole spread. I want the spread to contain of 2 landcape A4 exactly as my

picture shows.

Is that possible?

Regards - Lena Palmberg

• 3. Re: Change spread in indesign
              Peter Spier ACP/MVPs

In Design does not have a direct facility to bind on the top edge of a landcape page. Set up and two portrait pages and rotate the view. While you work you will not be aware that you are actually working in portrait pages. The display will look and behave as if you are working in stacked landscape pages.

As far as I know, no layout program does a top-binding layout option.

• 4. Re: Change spread in indesign
                Lena P Community Member

Ok, I understand what you say and that is true. But the actual reason for my

question is that I would like to use the flash page transition and would

then like the page to turn from bottom left and then on a spread that looks

like my picture. Do you know if there is a possibility for that? I don´t

seem to be able to change the position of the flash page transition. Do you

understand what I mean?

Regards - Lena

• 5. Re: Change spread in indesign
                  Peter Spier ACP/MVPs

I'm afraid I can't help you with that one.