3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2011 8:46 AM by Gaurav J

An internal Build error has Occured java.lang.NullPointerException

MSPMarathon

Hello,

I have been researching everywhere for this problem in the compilation of by Adobe Flash Builder 4 project.  There is lots of information on the topic, but I believe none of it pertains to me.  A little background, yesterday I started receiving the error "An internal build error has occurred. Right-click for more information." in the Problems Tab of my project.  It was at the end of the day and I just thought I was running low on memory or some computer resources since I had never seen the error before.  I shut down my computer befere leaving and was hoping it would be fixed in the morning.  No such luck.  After doing some reasearch I have found this is a common error in Adobe Flex and usually the cause is a switch statement which includes a null value.  I do not use any switch statements in my code so this is not the issue.  I have also tried Project -> Clean... many times without any luck either.  Any thoughts or anything else I need to try to resolve the issue would be extremely helpful.  Below is the error log from today:

!ENTRY com.adobe.flexbuilder.project 4 43 2010-12-14 10:16:31.669
      !MESSAGE Uncaught exception in compiler
      !STACK 0
      java.lang.NullPointerException
      at flex2.compiler.mxml.lang.TypeCompatibility.checkSingleton(TypeCompatibility.java:98)
      at flex2.compiler.mxml.lang.TypeCompatibility.check(TypeCompatibility.java:66)
      at flex2.compiler.mxml.builder.Builder.checkTypeCompatibility(Builder.java:1015)
      at flex2.compiler.mxml.builder.Builder.checkTypeCompatibility(Builder.java:993)
      at flex2.compiler.mxml.builder.Builder.processRValueNodes(Builder.java:804)
      at flex2.compiler.mxml.builder.Builder.processPropertyNodes(Builder.java:605)
      at flex2.compiler.mxml.builder.Builder.processPropertyNodes(Builder.java:561)
      at flex2.compiler.mxml.builder.ComponentBuilder$ComponentChildNodeHandler.property(Component Builder.java:221)
      at flex2.compiler.mxml.lang.ChildNodeHandler$CoreDeclarationHandler.property(ChildNodeHandle r.java:188)
      at flex2.compiler.mxml.lang.DeclarationHandler.invoke(DeclarationHandler.java:78)
      at flex2.compiler.mxml.lang.ChildNodeHandler.invoke(ChildNodeHandler.java:135)
      at flex2.compiler.mxml.lang.ChildNodeHandler.scanChildNodes(ChildNodeHandler.java:75)
      at flex2.compiler.mxml.builder.ComponentBuilder.processChildren(ComponentBuilder.java:175)
      at flex2.compiler.mxml.builder.ApplicationBuilder.analyze(ApplicationBuilder.java:122)
      at flex2.compiler.mxml.dom.Node.analyze(Node.java:47)
      at flex2.compiler.mxml.ImplementationCompiler.parse1(ImplementationCompiler.java:146)
      at flex2.compiler.mxml.Compiler.parse1(Compiler.java:111)
      at flex2.compiler.API.parse1(API.java:2315)
      at flex2.compiler.API.parse1(API.java:2268)
      at flex2.compiler.API.batch2(API.java:369)
      at flex2.compiler.API.batch(API.java:1117)
      at flex2.compiler.API.compile(API.java:1290)
      at flex2.tools.oem.Application.compile(Application.java:1077)
      at flex2.tools.oem.Application.recompile(Application.java:1029)
      at flex2.tools.oem.Application.compile(Application.java:681)
      at flex2.tools.flexbuilder.BuilderApplication.compile(BuilderApplication.java:354)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.multisdk.compiler.internal.ASApplicationBuilder$MyBuilder.mybuild(A SApplicationBuilder.java:276)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.multisdk.compiler.internal.ASApplicationBuilder.build(ASApplication Builder.java:127)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.multisdk.compiler.internal.ASBuilder.build(ASBuilder.java:190)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.multisdk.compiler.internal.ASItemBuilder.build(ASItemBuilder.java:7 4)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexProjectBuilder.buildItem(FlexProjectB uilder.java:480)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexProjectBuilder.build(FlexProjectBuild er.java:306)
      at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.compiler.internal.FlexIncrementalBuilder.build(FlexIncremen talBuilder.java:157)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:627)
      at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:170)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:201)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:253)
      at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:256)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:309)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:341)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:140)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:238)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Thank you for your help!

MSP