2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2007 1:44 PM by Applied CD

Two displays

Level 7
      Hello:

I need to develop an application in Lingo that have two displays one TFT for
      PC and one TFT VGA for quicktime video.

In the PC I'll have some buttons and Flash animation, when a person click on
      a button I want to see in the TFT video one Quicktime movie while in the PC
      a Flash animation is happening.
      Do you know how to do this, please?

Can I do this for example, making the stage big enough for the two displays?
      but I do'nt know if the computer can do two things (video an Flash) at a
      time.
      Can you help me, please?
      thank you very much

• 1. Re: Two displays
          Level 7
          Just set the movie size to match the entire desktop.
          > but I do'nt know if the computer can do two things (video an Flash) at a
          > time.
          In general, for such applications, it's good to lower the resolution: e.g.
          1600 (800 + 800) * 600. Easier for developing too. Develop at high res,
          where the entire stage fits on screen, then change resolution for playback.
          However, the limit is usually flash. If flash plays ok, at half the screen,
          then the video will too. Video playback is much less cpu demanding than
          flash animations. This ofcourse depends on both the complexity of flash and
          the video codec used, but as a rule, flash is the one that will set the
          resolution limits.

"Anne" <anmalo42@lycos.es> wrote in message
          news:f6ni7p$t52$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Hello:
          >
          > I need to develop an application in Lingo that have two displays one TFT
          > for PC and one TFT VGA for quicktime video.
          >
          > In the PC I'll have some buttons and Flash animation, when a person click
          > on a button I want to see in the TFT video one Quicktime movie while in
          > the PC a Flash animation is happening.
          > Do you know how to do this, please?
          >
          > Can I do this for example, making the stage big enough for the two
          > displays? but I do'nt know if the computer can do two things (video an
          > Flash) at a time.
          > Can you help me, please?
          > thank you very much
          >

• 2. Two displays
            Applied CD Level 1
            You could also open two MIAW’s using _system.deskTopRectList for the rectangle coordinates. Each window could fill its own screen without window frames or title bars so it would appear to the user as one big stage. It might be easier to work with two separate movies of reasonable size rather than one giant stage, just depends on how much inter-window communication you need. Of course, two MIAWs isn’t going to do anything about improving performance … it sounds like that is going to be trial and error.