1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 15, 2010 11:13 AM by Marcos J Pinto

Combine XML Data

michael_fett

So I have create this fancy survey form in livecycle and sent it to everyone in our office.  Everything has been returned in an xml format.  I would like to combine all the data into one form.  All my questions are radio buttons in groups of 1-5.  I'd like to create somesort of bar cart that shows the number of answers in each qyestion.  So how do I combine all this data into something I can use?  Do I use livecycle, or import this data into Excel or Access?  Anyone have any easy steps on combining this stuff?

michael_fett

• 1. Re: Combine XML Data
          Marcos J Pinto Level 1

I believe what you need is a small process created in LiveCycle Workbench to merge your XML and an XDP template created in LC Designer.

You could use a watched folder where you would drop your XML files, then you should use a GeneratePDFOutput operation (OutputService) to merge the files and finaly a Write Document operation (FileUtilsService) to save the resulting PDF to a server folder.

I'm not a LiveCycle expert (yet...) so I cannot help you with the bar chart though.

Best,

Marcos