Are my CS5 working corret?

radiotest Level 1

Hi

I've upgrade to cs5, my system is

win 7 64 bit on wd 10000 rpm

ram 12 gb DDR 3 1066

nvidia 470 gt with last drive

premiere 5.0.3

I try to import an AVCHD file from a Sony VGX10,  but when i put in a sequence is not a real time, the bar is yellow, but it's not a real time

if a put another one the sequence is horrible, slower but the bar is yellow again

what's up?  I've to change something in the preference? How can I know if my nvidia or premiere cs5  is working correctly?

thankd

• 1. Re: Are my CS5 working corret?
          dradeke Adobe Employee

Thanks for providing a decent amount of information, but you didn't mention about media drives?  Do you have at least a physical D: drive?  If not, then that may be your problem.

The yellow line in Premiere Pro CS5 indicates that it believes it can play the timeline in realtime but will need to render out for final output.

You might want to check out details on the Mercury Playback Engine (make sure it's turned on) and also about fractional playback (program monitor) for multiple streams of AVCHD at the same time.

Dennis

• 2. Re: Are my CS5 working corret?
            radiotest Level 1

Hi

I've download and installed this driver

http://www.nvidia.it/object/win7-winvista-64bit-260.99-whql-driver-it.html

it's not enough ?

Where I can see if i have the least physical d: drive?

please could you telle me what to do?

if i tra to rendering pressing enter the video start but not doing rendering

• 3. Re: Are my CS5 working corret?
              dradeke Adobe Employee

radiotest wrote:

Hi

I've download and installed this driver

http://www.nvidia.it/object/win7-winvista-64bit-260.99-whql-driver-it. html

it's not enough ?

Yes, that's fine.  In Premiere Pro, go to Project>Settings and look towards the bottom and make sure that Mercury GPU Hardware Acceleration is selected.

radiotest wrote:

Where I can see if i have the least physical d: drive?

Double click on My Computer and you will have a c: drive (Windows and Applications).  Is there anything else there, like a d: drive (not DVD-R or anything like that)?  If not, you need to purchase another drive and put all of your audio and video on that drive.  If you're asking the question, chances are you don't have another physical hard drive.

• 4. Re: Are my CS5 working corret?
                radiotest Level 1

hi

1) yes  In Premiere Pro, go to Project>Settings and look towards the bottom and make sure that Mercury GPU Hardware Acceleration is selected.

it's active

2) I have 3 hard disk

C: where i installed win 7 and adobe production premium cs5

E: where i've create a new premiere project

F: where i've put the file from sony  nexvg10 this file is 5min long, it's an .mts file

what i have to to try to solve this issue ?

• 5. Re: Are my CS5 working corret?
                  Jim_Simon Level 8

Most often when a computer can't play back AVCHD in real time, it's because your CPU just isn't powerful enough.

• 6. Re: Are my CS5 working corret?
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

I agree with Jim, and could not find the CPU specs., but might have just missed those. What is the CPU?

Also, one more question for the OP: are those three HDD's separate, physical HDD's, or are they partitions (logical drives) on one physical HDD?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Are my CS5 working corret?
                      radiotest Level 1

sorry

my cpu is a i7 920

ithe hd are separate, it's not a partition

that's the file i've download and use

http://www.arcanico.it/video/sony_nex_v ... _krane.MTS

if you want to try it

• 8. Re: Are my CS5 working corret?
                        Jim_Simon Level 8

Seems like you should be fine with that processor.

What do you mean about the file you've downloaded?  You do not actually have the camera?  You're trying stuff from the Internet?

• 9. Re: Are my CS5 working corret?
                          radiotest Level 1

hi

i've a sony z5 so just hdv file

but iim waiting to receive a canon 550d, so I go to cs5

now after installing premiere and nvidia 470 i try to test my pc with some file harder than hdv, so I've download that file avchd

I aspect to find best result, I  know avchd is high compressed, but i hope it was more efficient

so know I'm just wondering if my system it's ok and the problem it's just because the high compression of avchd or if I miss something to working better

• 10. Re: Are my CS5 working corret?
                            Jim_Simon Level 8

I'd say stick to using media you shot yourself using a supported camera format.  If you want to test out AVCHD, get the media from an AVCHD camera actually in your possession, not from the Internet.  Things should work much better that way.

• 11. Re: Are my CS5 working corret?
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

AVCHD is highly compressed, and does require a lot of CPU horsepower, but you should have that, as Jim mentions.

It could be that your test AVCHD file is not the best. There are tons of AVCHD "test" files on the Internet. Maybe try with another one, and see if things improve.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 12. Re: Are my CS5 working corret?
                                radiotest Level 1

Hi

maybe Bill that's the true, please could you tell me a link to download AVCHD native file to make another test?

• 13. Re: Are my CS5 working corret?
                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

I would recommend doing a Search in Google, or Bing, for "sample files," and "AVCHD." I do not have any links directly, but maybe others will.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 14. Re: Are my CS5 working corret?
                                    radiotest Level 1

hi

i use premiere for working so i have to sure that i've a secure system so

monday i will bring my pc in an center (certified adobe) to reinstall win 7, suite adobe cs5, nvidia 470 and matrox rtx2 because i found some issue and they (tecnical of this center) told me that problably  my istallation wasn't fine (made bymself)

example

1)when i try to exoport clik ctrl+m  premiere teke a  few second  (more then 10second) before open export page so the same happen when i change format from microsoft avi  (the default setting) to example mpeg2

2)i've installed the last driver for canon scanner model 600f (that i use before in cs4 with win 7 64bit) but photoshop cs5 don't see it when i try to import by scanning, seems it don't use twain

do you think it's really possible a bad installation ?

sorry for my english