7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2010 5:25 PM by Colin Brougham

search for clips on timeline

lou4uandme Level 1

Hi all,

First time needing to do this but I can't find any options.

I am looking to search for a clip on my timeline that is named "plunger".

I keep getting comforming errors at the bottom right side of the program.

It keeps looping thousands of times " unspecified error Cache file PLUNGER .cfa"

I know the error is a topic by itself, but for now, Ijust want to find this clip.

I searched in the project panel but no luck.

Is there a way to search for clips on the timeline?

Thanks,

Lou

• 1. Re: search for clips on timeline
          Colin Brougham Level 6

First, search for it in the Project Panel. When it's revealed, click on it, then go up to the information display at the top of the Project Panel. In the line of info just under the clip name, you'll see a small downward pointing triangle; if you click that, it will reveal a list of sequences and timecodes where the clip is in use. Selecting one of those will bring the sequence forward and park the CTI at that point.

• 2. Re: search for clips on timeline
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Lou,

After you have located that Plunger Audio file in the Project, per Colin's directions, you might want to look to see the format of that. Sounds like it could be an SFX file, just by the name. If that Asset is an MP3 (some other formats can be problematic too), you might want to Delete it from the Project (make note of where it was used in the Sequences first), and convert it to PCM/WAV 48KHz 16-bit. That might end the Conforming errors. Audition, Soundbooth, or other, like the free Audacity, can do that conversion for you. Import the WAV file into the Project and just place it in the location(s) shown in your search.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: search for clips on timeline
              lou4uandme Level 1

Hi Guys,

Ok, first, I never knew that little triangle was even there!  I love it.

The only problem ,like I said, was that it doesn't show up in the search.

Go figure.  Is there any other way to locate this file?

I will try the other suggestions now...BRB

• 4. Re: search for clips on timeline
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Out of curiosity, does "Plunger" show up anywhere in your Project Panel? That location will depend on how you organize your Bins, so you might need to open up a lot of them, looking for "Plunger___."

As for the CFA file, that should be in your Media Cache folder (located by user, or by default within the Scratch Disk settings), along with a similarly named PEK file. Now, that is only for the CFA and PEK, and does not show you where it's used in a Project. Those will have been created from the actual Audio file, located elsewhere on your system, and with the WAV, MP3, etc. file extension. Again, that does not tell you where it's used.

Do not know if it will help in the long run, but if you find and Delete the CFA and PEK, then PrPro will regenerate them, when you Open that Project. Perhaps Conforming will go more smoothly the second time around? Be sure to allow the Conforming to complete, before doing anything else. There is a small progress bar at the lower-right of the GUI.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: search for clips on timeline
                  Colin Brougham Level 6

Do you have any Dynamic Linked AE comps in your project?

• 6. Re: search for clips on timeline
                    lou4uandme Level 1

Hi Again,

Ok, I'm in loop Hell.  I made a copy of the project. I then started to delete files one by one.

I now have deleted EVERY FILE. As soon as I minimize the program and then open it, it starts comforming the error message again.

I am at a lost for words at this point.

• 7. Re: search for clips on timeline
                      Colin Brougham Level 6

Can you zip up and upload your project file somewhere? Don't need any media--just the PRPROJ file. You can also email it to me; shoot me a PM and I'll contact you.