4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2010 10:43 PM by Matt_Stegner

Mixer and Effects Rack - Optimal for confusion

MYX Level 1

Hey there,

It would be great if when I selected different tracks, that if something is selected (highlighted) in the effects rack, that anything that was selected in the rack became deselected.

I am switching between tracks a lot as I am tweaking my mix, and many tracks now have very similar effects. When I select a different track nothing happens (sorry, the text changes) but where my eyes immediatly go, is to the effects in order to tweak the desired effect. When I do not see a change then I am searching to see if I mis clicked or if it is the right track.

• 1. Re: Mixer and Effects Rack - Optimal for confusion
          Matt_Stegner Adobe Employee

Can you explain this more please?

-MattS

• 2. Re: Mixer and Effects Rack - Optimal for confusion
            _durin_ Adobe Employee

I believe MYX may be referring to the fact that track effect panels remain open even if a different track is active when he might prefer behavior similar to switching between files in the editor where only the effects that apply to the active file are displayed.  I could see this being a preference along the lines of "Only display effect panels for active track"  I'll add this feature request.

If I misunderstood, please correct me.  Thanks!

Durin

• 3. Re: Mixer and Effects Rack - Optimal for confusion
              MYX Level 1

Durin, you would be describing what I was talking about in my other post http://forums.adobe.com/thread/766192?tstart=0 where I was questioning the modeless operation. In this post, I am questioning your effects rack selection indication when selecting other tracks.

What I was trying to say here was say you had track 1 with 3 items in your effects rack and item 3 was selected.

1. Reverb

2. EQ

3. Comp <--

4. Pitch Shift ;-)

Then you selected track 2 instead of everything in the effects rack being unselected, item 3 of this track is also selected. (Items here are identical which has led to me questioning if I had actually switched tracks.) The last selected state follows through to any further selection.

1. Reverb

2. EQ

3. Comp <--

4. Pitch Shift

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I am suggesting...

Now, not that I have any say, but if I were coding it for the least confusion, when a different track were selected nothing would be selected in the effects rack, or the last thing that was being used in that rack.

1. Reverb

2. EQ

3. Comp

4. Pitch Shift

or

1. Reverb

2. EQ

3. Comp

4. Pitch Shift <--

• 4. Re: Mixer and Effects Rack - Optimal for confusion
                Matt_Stegner Adobe Employee

Got it, thanks.