17 Replies Latest reply on Dec 16, 2010 3:10 PM by stammberger

CS4 Extended problems installing Camera Raw 5.2

stammberger

I have a Photoshop CS4 not registered yet because I have to wait until my transfer of license paper is processed from adobe...now I'm standing in front of some HUGE problems so let me try to describe them...I'm using a CANON 5D MARK2 and the installed Adobe Camera Raw 5.0 cannot read my RAW files so I need to install Adobe Camera Raw 5.2 which I have to do manual...I did it like this:

EXIT PHOTOSHOP CS4 and ADOBE BRIDGE

I OPENED THE DOWNLOAD FILE

THEN I SEE A WINDOW WITH 3 FILES CONTAINING WIN64-CAMERA RAW-CAMERA PROFILES

I CLICK ON CAMERA PROFILES

THEN POPS UP A DIALOG BOX SAYING SELECT A DESTINATION AND EXTRACT FILES

I CLICK ON EXTRACT THEN POPS UP A NEW WINDOW OPEN FILE-SECURITY WARNING I RUN IT AND THEN POPS UP ANOTHER WINDOW WELCOME TO THE CAMERA PROFILES SETUP WIZARD I CLICK ON INSTALL AND THEN ALWAYS POPS UP A ERROR MESSAGE WINDOW SAYING:

ERROR OPENING FILE FOR WRITING:

C:PROGRAM DATA ADOBE CAMERA RAW CAMERA PROFILES ADOBE STANDARD CANON EOS 1000D ADOBE STANDARD.DCP

CLICK ABORT TO STOP THE INSTALLATION so I HAVE TO ABORT IT

and when I go to C-PROGRAM FILES-COMMON FILES-ADOBE-PLUG INS-CS4-FILE FORMATS and DOUBLE CLICK on CAMERA RAW CS4 opens with the ERROR MESSAGE COULD NOT COMPLETE YOUR REQUEST BECAUSE ITS NOT THE RIGHT KIND OF DOCUMENT....???

I have absolutely no clue what this could be and I bet I did something wrong but have no idea what...after 3 days of stress pure I'm about to snap and throw this product out of my window-I'd more than appreciate suggestions/help so I can fix this problem!!

THANK YOU

MICHAEL STAMMBERGER