4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2014 1:45 AM by ShuchiS

Cannot save or upload edited pics on Photoshop Express

bth7474 Level 1

Hey, everytime I edit a picture from the photo library on my ipad & try to either upload it to facebook or save it; the application automatically shuts down.

Is this a glitch in the app or am I doing somthing wrong?

• 1. Re: Cannot save or upload edited pics on Photoshop Express
          bshowalt

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with Photoshop Express. In an effort to narrow down what might be going on I have a few questions for you:

• Does the failure happen with all images or just some images?
          • Does the failure happen if you try to simply edit and save (excluding trying to upload to facebook)?
          • If the answer to the above is "no" have you tried uploading to Photoshop.com and if so, was that successful?
          • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop Express?

I'm looking forward to your response and hope we can get to the bottom of the problem quickly.

• 2. Re: Cannot save or upload edited pics on Photoshop Express
            K3mly

I am having the same problem. The app does not allow me to save. I can select an image and edit, but once i hit the save button, the appl closes.

It happens with all images. i uninstalled and reinstalled. That worked for a couple of photos and now it started crashing again.

• 3. Re: Cannot save or upload edited pics on Photoshop Express
              Charlie.D Adobe Employee

How large in resolution are the images you are editing?  When our app's Editor works on your images, it handles them as fully uncompressed bitmaps which can be quite large and consume lots of memory.  We're already aware of an issue where Photoshop Express can have trouble with images from high megapixel cameras.  Can you share with me your average photo pixel resolution?

How many other apps do you have running in the background? (double-tap the Home button to see everything that's still open in the background)  The operating system is pretty good about closing background apps as needed to free memory, but see if closing some apps manually helps.

Otherwise, my advice is to try importing your images to your device via iTunes photo syncing.  When iTunes syncs large photos to you device, it downsamples them to save space, and this makes it easier for our app to handle large images.

--Charlie

• 4. Re: Cannot save or upload edited pics on Photoshop Express
                ShuchiS

Hi K3mly,

Are you still facing this issue? Please try Photoshop Express 3.1.1 and let us know if you are still stuck.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Shuchi