2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2007 6:05 AM by Newsgroup_User

Flex & eLearning

Level 7
      Is anyone using Flex to create eLearning?

I would be very interested to hear from people that are using Flex in
      this way, especially if you can share some of your experiences.

Thanks

Mark
        • 1. Re: Flex & eLearning
          chris.huston.t10 Level 3
          Mark,

I have used Flex to develop an eLearning system geared mostly for learning languages. Questions are stored in XML files that are called in based on user selections. Progress is saved to a MySQL database. The instructor can monitor all user progress, view, add, and edit questions; assign users to classes, send feedback to users or user groups and monitor current on-line users. Flex has been an extremely productive environment to develop this project in. I have not run into any roadblocks with Flex. And now with AIR, there are even more opportunities for developing eLearning systems that would need access to local files, such as large video files for users with low bandwidth. I haven't found anything to equal Flex's power and flexibility.

Vygo
          • 2. Re: Flex & eLearning
            Level 7
            Masamune wrote:
            > Mark,
            >
            > I have used Flex to develop an eLearning system geared mostly for learning
            > languages. Questions are stored in XML files that are called in based on user
            > selections. Progress is saved to a MySQL database. The instructor can monitor
            > all user progress, view, add, and edit questions; assign users to classes, send
            > feedback to users or user groups and monitor current on-line users. Flex has
            > been an extremely productive environment to develop this project in. I have not
            > run into any roadblocks with Flex. And now with AIR, there are even more
            > opportunities for developing eLearning systems that would need access to local
            > files, such as large video files for users with low bandwidth. I haven't found
            > anything to equal Flex's power and flexibility.
            >
            > Vygo
            >

Vygo

Thanks.

Do you have a demo online anywhere that I may be able to view?

Mark