0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2006 11:50 PM by Opera Rat

Cascading MIAWS not happening

Opera Rat Level 1
      I have decided that I can't live with the way my glossary has been opening. Here is what I now want to happen. From the movie playing on the stage the user clicks a hyperlink which opens the glossary MIAW. That window always opens in the same spot in the main movie - perfect. Then within the glossary movie are more hyperlinks to open more glossary windows. Right now I have the 2nd glossaryMIAW offset from the first by (50, -50), so it cascades up and to the right from the original glossary window. My problem is that if I click on a hyperlink from within the second glossary window the new window sit on top of the 2nd window instead of cascading up and to the right by (50, -50). Each glossary window, however many, should offset itself from the last. Here is my code from within the glossary movie. I see why this is happening, I just don't know how to change it's reference to the last window opened instead of always looking at the original. Does anyone have a fix?

THIS IS THE SCRIPT WITHIN THE GLOSSARY MOVIE THAT OPENS ANOTHER GLOSSARY WINDOW ONCE THE GLOSSARY HAS BEEN OPENED FROM THE MAIN MOVIE

on hyperlinkClicked me, data
      tName = "glossary2" && string(count(_player.windowList) + 1)
      aWindow = window().new(tName)
      aWindow.filename = "glossary"
      tRect = aWindow.sourceRect
      --get rect of original glossary window that was opened from the main movie
      gWindow = window("glossary")
      gRect = gWindow.rect.offset(50, -50)
      tRect = gRect
      aWindow.rect = tRect
      aWindow.movie.sprite(3).member = aWindow.movie.member(data)
      aWindow.open()
      end

BELOW IS THE SCRIPT IN THE MAIN MOVIE THAT OPENS THE FIRST GLOSSARY WINDOW

on hyperlinkClicked me, data

aWindow = window().new("glossary")
      aWindow.filename = "glossary"
      tRect = aWindow.sourceRect
      aWindow.rect = aWindow.sourceRect.offset(100,465)
      aWindow.movie.sprite(3).member = aWindow.movie.member(data)
      aWindow.open()
      aWindow.moveToFront()
      end