I've recently started to use CS5 Photomerge for panoramas, focus stacking and some HDR. I'm interested in learning the recommend ACR workflow prior to doing the photomerge. I shoot with the camera (5DII) set to UniWB to assure reliable histograms as I expose to the right. My searches have led me to the following ACR workflow and settings:
- Reset CR defaults to 0 for Recovery, Fill Light, Blacks, Brightness, Contrast, Sharpening amount, Noise Reduction and a linear tone curve.
- From Bridge open all images to be merged in CR. Select All.
- Set White Balance as desired. (Since the camera is set to UniWB when I open the image in ACR, Temp and Tint are at the minimum.)
- Set Exposure as desired and 'Done'.
- At this point, from the bridge: Tools>Photoshop>Photomerge or Merge to HDR Pro. Save the merged file as TIFF.
- I then use ACR controls on this file (and later CS5 as/if needed).
Questions: Is this the recommended workflow prior to merge? Is the TIFF file I've saved after the merge a "scene referred" file?