6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2010 10:20 AM by BOSS302XM

CS5 VS CS4

BOSS302XM

Hi, I have Adobe Production Premium CS4 and I used mainly After Effects and Premier Pro I work on videos mainly and ocationally I use Photoshop. I got the software just 6 months ago and I was wondering if is worth getting CS5? I have the student edition and I dont think you can upgrade I would have to purchase the entire copy again. any sugestions? Thanks!

• 1. Re: CS5 VS CS4
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

There are a lot of improvements in After Effects CS5. See this page for a list of what's new and changed.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: CS5 VS CS4
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

If your current setup works reliably enough for what you do, then there is probably not much point in even worrying about these things since, yes, you would have to buy a full suite again. I'd only seriously consider it, if you experience specific problems with file formats such as AVCHD that have been fixed in CS5. yes, the 64bit and thus more memory is nice, but well, we've been going without it for years and still always got our stuff done somehow...

Mylenium

• 3. Re: CS5 VS CS4
              BOSS302XM Level 1

Thanks for the info

• 4. Re: CS5 VS CS4
                BOSS302XM Level 1

I been having problems working with AVCHD and some times I had to finish my projects using Sony Vegas but I prefer worknig with Premier Pro. Am in the process of building a new computer (i7 980x, 12gb Ram, x3 HD 10k rpm) and I was thinking if with that set up my CS4 would run good? I have two cameras and both record in AVCHD and i love the video quality i get from that format, is just to hard to work with but if CS5 works better with it it migth be worth buying for me. Thanks for the info Mylenium

• 5. Re: CS5 VS CS4
                  Todd_Kopriva Level 8

AVCHD handling is much better in CS5.

This year at the NAB tradeshow, I asked people to bring AVCHD footage that had been problematic in CS4, and I'd let them try it on After Effects CS5 and Premiere Pro CS5 on the computer at our tradeshow booth. Every person that took me up on this was pleased with how much smoother AVCHD handling was in CS5.

1 person found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: CS5 VS CS4
                    BOSS302XM Level 1

Thanks this was very helpfull, I think am going to be getting CS5.