12 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2010 2:17 AM by jovstern

kuler connection

jovstern Level 1

hi,

i'm using illus' and flash cs5.

where i can find the window thah i can allow services to connect to the internet, such as "kuler" extention?

thank's

• 1. Re: kuler connection
          Neha Sirohi Adobe Employee

Hi jovstern,

Can you please provide some more details about the issue that you facing ?

Are you not able to find the menu to open the service extensions(e.g. Kuler) ? Or, Are you looking for a preference to allow extensions to connect to the internet.

Thanks & Regards,

Neha

Kuler Team

• 2. Re: kuler connection
            jovstern Level 1

hi, Neha

yes, i jast can't find the menu to open service extensions, the kuler extensions is open but i get a message that

i need to allow my services to connect to the internet and i can't find it in illus' or in flash cs5 (in photoshop i see it in

edit >preferance >plugins)

thanks

Can you please provide some more details about the issue that you facing ?

Are  you not able to find the menu to open the service extensions(e.g.  Kuler) ? Or, Are you looking for a preference to allow extensions to  connect to the internet.

Thanks & Regards,

Neha

Kuler Team

• 3. Re: kuler connection
              blahtz Level 1

Go to Window-Extensions-Kuler

• 4. Re: kuler connection
                jovstern Level 1

yes, the kuler extention is open but not connected,

i need to find the window that i can allow services connected to the net.

• 5. Re: kuler connection
                  DanoDSM Level 1

Might want to check this thread (currently top of this forum) if you're having problems:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/685457?tstart=0

• 6. Re: kuler connection
                    jovstern Level 1

hi,

yes, i saw this thread, but i think i have a much easier problem.

from what i understand from the message their shold be a menu somewhere(that's the problem) that i can allow

acces from the net.  jast like in photoshop edit > prefarance > plugins.

thanks.

• 7. Re: kuler connection
                      DanoDSM Level 1

I see, I'm sorry I misunderstood the stage you were at, my apologies.

On my Mac it is listed in the Photoshop menu:

PHOTOSHOP > PREFERENCES > PLUGINS

...and there should be a box to check mark under the Extension Panel group for "Allow extensions to connect to the internet."

So, at least on my Mac it appears to resemble what your'e describing on your PC except maybe the difference is it's not in the EDIT pulldown but rather the PHOTOSHOP pulldown.

Now, if you are able to locate it and give access that's great. For me, I did that and was able to access Kuler for a few days until, as that other thread described, it was no longer able to even though the extension was allowed. Hopefully this will not be the case with you.

• 8. Re: kuler connection
                        jovstern Level 1

for the photoshop that's not a problem i found it pretty fast.

the problem is in Ilustrator and Flash, in these two software i can't find this menu.

if you find it in your MAC i will find it on my PC.

the way i saw it, it's not like in photshop.

i work in CS5

thank's

• 9. Re: kuler connection
                          DanoDSM Level 1

I'm not seeing the Photoshop manner of switching it on in Illustrator either, I'm sorry - it's as you see it, too.

However, on this page:

http://www.adobe.com/products/kuler/features/

It looks like they just say (in the Kuler promotional text) that:

"Find Kuler panels in Adobe Photoshop® CS5,                 Illustrator® CS5, InDesign® CS5, Fireworks® CS5, and  Adobe Flash® Professional CS5 software by choosing Window >  Extensions > Kuler."

I have to dash out of the office otherwise I'd verify on my end but maybe that helps as I know you were also checking in the EDIT pulldown?

If not, I'm sorry I haven't been of any help - I hope you get it running soon because Kuler integration is quite nice to have.

• 10. Re: kuler connection
                            Neha Sirohi Adobe Employee

Hi jovstern,

Photoshop CS5 provides an option to "Allow extensions to connect to the internet." . There is no equivalent option in Flash CS5 or Illustrator CS5.
                            But you can disable/enable network access, via editing a plist (Mac) or registry entry (Windows). Please refer the link below for more details
                            http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/846/cpsid_84665.html

Thanks & Regards,

Neha

Kuler Team

• 11. Re: kuler connection
                              jovstern Level 1

thank's man.

• 12. Re: kuler connection
                                jovstern Level 1

i understand.

thank you very much.