4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2010 11:25 AM by 11475

How To: Need a Reset Button

I need a reset button that wil reset multiple combo boxes in multiple SWF files but are all using the same combo box. They are all connected to different ranges in Excel as the DataProvider and I want to be able click the reset to reset the all the Combo Boxes to their default values. Is this possible? How?

• 1. Re: How To: Need a Reset Button
          saisri2k2 Level 4

If it is a custom combobox (you extending it) on creation complete of it, register a custom event. and when you hit reset at global level, throw the same custom event which you are listening in the customcombo box and set the selectedIndex =-1 on handling this event.

• 2. Re: How To: Need a Reset Button
            11475 Level 1

It is a custom ComboBox that is it's own seperate SWF. It is then incorporated in SAP Xcelsius. I need to create a Reset Button in a similar fashion where it it's own SWF file but that it will reference the ComboBox to reset the values.

• 3. Re: How To: Need a Reset Button
              saisri2k2 Level 4

better way is to extend the combo box in the SAP** and use it all over the application, also do handling of the events as mentioned in the previous reply. Even if you have the button in a different swf at run time they wil be all loaded into one application rite? so, throw an event which both can understand and reset the selectedIndex as mentioned in the previous reply

• 4. Re: How To: Need a Reset Button
                11475 Level 1

As I am new to Flex 3 dev

elopment, how would I create the RESET button seperately? What code would I need? I cannot extend the Combo Box as I have over 14 of the same Combo Box replicated and using different ranges on 3 different SWF files incorporated into a Business Objects Portal. I need to create a Reset Button that I can include in the main SWF to pass the selectedindex = -1 to the multiple Combo Boxes. But how do I do this?