This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
I'm a bit confused. You create a topic, that much I get. But I'm getting lost when you say "placed to different places". Which is the case here?
1. You want to call the same topic from different TOC books or folders?
2. You want to link to the topic from different topics inside different folders?
3. You want to link to the topic from different terms in the Index?
4. You want to use the same topic content in multiple projects?
Let us know which is the case and we will try to assist further.
Number 2 is the case.
Actually, I have already found the way out. I'll create templates. Thus, I'll be able to use one and the same information (template=topic) in different places and I'll need to change only my path.
While I'm pleased that you believe you have found your answer, I'm a bit concerned about how well it may work. Hopefully you realize that templates only afford the following features:
1. Generically, they offer a means to start a topic with certain elements in place. For example, maybe you have a topic that should always begin with a table, followed by a paragraph with a few bullet points. Templates allow you to set this up and create topics based on the template. The table and bullet points would then already be in place. But once you create the topic, the template has absolutely no influence down the road.
2. Templates may have Headers and Footers associated with them. In this case, you would take a template with a Header, Footer or both, then apply it to one or more topics. In this case, whatever was defined in the Header or Footer would appear across all topics. Changes down the road would also be propagated to all topics. But only changes to the Header or Footer.
Thank you very much, Rick!
Actually I placed the information at the footer of the template, so if I change anything, it changes in all the places at the same time.
But another problem occurred. Maybe you know, is there any limit of templates quantity? Robohelp closed with an error and didn;t save my templates. Now when I try to import them, it "refuses" to do it but no error messages appear. What can it be?
Thank you all!
I already found the reason for my recent problem with templates. It was the error of Robohelp. I fixed it.