3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2010 6:09 PM by Steve Grisetti

Preset for Flip HD slide Camera

onlinetravels

There are several FLIP settings.  Which one should I use for the best video quality?  Premiere Elements 9 select the "AVCHD Lite 720p" option, when I upload FLIP videos.  Is this the optimal setting?  Or should I select of the settings under FLIP?

• 1. Re: Preset for Flip HD slide Camera
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You very much should use the Flip HD preset.

Flip camcorder use a proprietary codec (compression system) and you must use the correct preset to get any decent results.

Unfortunately, Flip doesn't publish specs on its site, so you may need to experiment a bit to find the right preset.

If you've selected the right preset, your video will load onto the timeline with no red lines above it until you add a transition or effect to the clip.

When you find it, please report back here so we'll know what to recommend next time.

• 2. Re: Preset for Flip HD slide Camera
            onlinetravels Level 1

The AVCHD LITE 720p30 setting seemed to be the better setting.  When I burned a DVD the output was an anamagraphic (filled the screen) view when played back.  The FLIP setting produced a smaller viewable picture.  There were black borders on each side.  My eye could not pick up a difference in picture qualtiy.  Since I prefer the larger view,  I'll use the first setting.

As I have created a video with a non preferred preset (FLIP), is it possible to create a new project with AVCHD LITEp30 setting and paste in all the video treatments from a another project with a different preset.  Then I can resave to the AVCHD Litep30 setting.  I was not able to make this happen, but maybe there is a trick to do this.

• 3. Re: Preset for Flip HD slide Camera
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The only way to do it is with a program called ClipMate, available online.