5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2010 3:05 PM by wtbarton

premiere elements 9 - question from a noob

wtbarton

hi there...been testing out the trial version of premiere elements 9...finding it to be pretty intuitive...in short, I like it...only one question so far: is there anyway to set up elements 9 to input FLV files? without having to convert files before-hand in a separate program?  any codec that can be installed?

thanks!!!

• 1. Re: premiere elements 9 - question from a noob
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Sorry, but Premiere Elements can not work with FLVs as source files.

• 2. Re: premiere elements 9 - question from a noob
            wtbarton Level 1

ok...thanks for the quick reply...outta curiousity tho, do you know of a video editor that will input AND output FLV?  just trying to find an inclusive package to simplify things...thanks again!

• 3. Re: premiere elements 9 - question from a noob
              the_wine_snob Level 9

There are probably many, but Moyea offers a vast array of FLV utilities/editors, and they are very good.

One option, although not a cheap one, is PrPro CS5. It allows direct FLV input (under most circumstances), and with the included Encore, will also Export a DVD Project as Flash. Note: PrPro, prior to about CS4, required the Moyea FLV Importer for Premiere Pro module. This was an add-on option, and worked very, very well. I use it in PrPro 2.0, with no issues. As of CS4, that module would not work, but with the CS4.2 update, PrPro included native FLV Import.

As I stated, there are probably many other options, but those are two that I have used, and they work seamlessly and very well.

I would love to see Moyea offer an FLV Import module for PrE, but so far, that is only in development. I have corresponded with them, but they cannot share any estimated delivery date. I am not a coder, so have no idea what would need to be done to adapt the PrPro Importer module to PrE. Also, Adobe made changes in PrPro w/ CS4, as mentioned above, and Moyea dropped development on an update for their Importer module, when Adobe released CS4.2. There was no need for the additional Moyea add-in. Might have spelled the death of a PrE module, or maybe there are enough differences, to make it a tough task. I just do not know.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: premiere elements 9 - question from a noob
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

And, of course, there's Adobe Flash!

• 5. Re: premiere elements 9 - question from a noob
                  wtbarton Level 1

thanks again for help, guys...

I'm also toying with a trial version of PowerDirector 9...it can input FLV's but can't render/output FLV's...need to use a separate converter...I'd love a software package that would do both, open AND render to FLV...now, if CS2 (and maybe CS3) can do open FLVs with that additional converter/codec, and save to FLV natively, that might be a good way for me to go...

I appreciate the helpful feedback, ya'll...