6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2010 2:58 PM by nordinkhm

ArrayCollection and XML

nordinkhm

I have an arraycollection which contains data that is loaded from a XML file.

The objects in that Arraycollection contain a field named "price".

I want to calculate the total price of all those items in my ArrayCollection.

I used the following code but it doesn't work :

var num:Number;
                      for each(var item:Object in myArrayCollection){

num = num + Number(item.price);

}

Can someone help me please ?

• 1. Re: ArrayCollection and XML
          saisri2k2 Level 4

Initialize the num =0 before you loop.

If this answer helped you, Please mark it as such.

• 2. Re: ArrayCollection and XML
            drkstr_1 Level 4

Post the output of:

mx.util.ObjectUtil.toString(myArrayCollection);
            • 3. Re: ArrayCollection and XML
              nordinkhm Level 1

Thx for answering, but initializing the Number variable to 0 doesn't work.

I am trying to bind my array collection to the datagrid using this code and the calculating the total price:

[Bindable] public var actotalprice:ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection();

<s:List id="mypizzas" dragEnabled="true" labelField="item" dataProvider="{acpizzas}" />
                      <s:List id="mydesr" dragEnabled="true" labelField="item" dataProvider="{acdessert}"/>
                      <s:List id="mydrink" dragEnabled="true" labelField="item" dataProvider="{acdrinks}" />
                      </s:HGroup>
                      <mx:DataGrid dataProvider="{actotalprice}" dragEnabled="true" id="dgborders" dropEnabled="true">
                          <mx:columns>
                              <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="item" headerText="Item"/>
                              <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="prijs" headerText="Prices"/>
                              <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="aantal" headerText="Quantity"/>
                          </mx:columns>

</mx:DataGrid>

Does anyone have an idea ?

• 4. Re: ArrayCollection and XML
                saisri2k2 Level 4

for each(var item:Object in myArrayCollection){

num = num + Number(item.prijs);

}

it is not price which you have to sum it is 'prijs'

• 5. Re: ArrayCollection and XML
                  nordinkhm Level 1

Sorry, but i translated those words to English before posting it on this forum.

Apparently i forgot some words in my code to translate, so the code i have is this:

[Bindable] public var actotalprice:ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection();

<s:List id="mypizzas" dragEnabled="true" labelField="item" dataProvider="{acpizzas}" />
                          <s:List id="mydesr" dragEnabled="true" labelField="item" dataProvider="{acdessert}"/>
                          <s:List id="mydrink" dragEnabled="true" labelField="item" dataProvider="{acdrinks}" />
                          </s:HGroup>
                          <mx:DataGrid dataProvider="{actotalprice}" dragEnabled="true" id="dgborders" dropEnabled="true">
                              <mx:columns>
                                  <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="item" headerText="Item"/>
                                  <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="price" headerText="Prices"/>
                                  <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="total" headerText="Quantity"/>
                              </mx:columns>

</mx:DataGrid>

• 6. Re: ArrayCollection and XML
                    nordinkhm Level 1

i found the solution.

i had the prices in my xml file with a , instead of using a point

If you want to calculate prices and parsing them to a Number value

then i have a tip for all of you beginner programmers: Do not use a comma ;-)

this topic can be closed.