2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2006 6:59 AM by KJ9

Security issue with cab file

KJ9
      My programmer is applying a MIME tab to the cab file and asked me what level of security is required. The issue is that with a lower security, the user can download and use the cab file. His concern was that applying a higher security that prevented the download might have unexpected results in IE. I am delivering WebHelp output. Has anyone had an issue with the cab file?
        • 1. Re: Security issue with cab file
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
          Welcome to the forum KJ9

I'm sorry you haven't had a response to this post, I suspect it is because the question would probably be better placed in a developers forum.

You talk about users downloading cab files. Whilst they might do that when downloading a program, it is hidden from them. I don't even recall a post on these forums about CAB files.

Your webhelp is going to be installed on a server, I hope, so installation issues are really for your developer and your customers' IT people, not the users.

• 2. Re: Security issue with cab file
            KJ9 Level 1
            Thank you for putting the issue in perspective for me. This is the first time I have been questioned about the CAB file.