2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2010 9:34 AM by asura_b

Extension Manager corrupted my programs

asura_b

I used Extension Manager for the first time today and downloaded about 20 extensions for Flash CS5.  After installing them, I tried to open my Flash program and got an error that reads:

Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS5\Flash.exe  

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

This has never happend before and it does this with every Adobe program.  I have the eLearning Suite 2 and I have deleted the extensions and uninstalled/reinstalled my programs twice to no avail.  What is going on? I can't use any of my programs.

• 1. Re: Extension Manager corrupted my programs
          Carl Sun Level 4

Where did you download these extensions? If extension has bugs, it could affect host application adversely.

What do you mean when you say "have deleted extensions"? Did you delete extensions by "Remove" button or "Remove Extension" menu item in Extension Manager CS5? or  just delete extension files? The former is correct way to delete extensions. After uninstall, you should also delete files in "C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Flash CS5\<your locale>\Configuration\Extensions" and  "C:\Users\Public\Roaming\Adobe\Extension Manager CS5\FlashCS5" (Win 7) if any files have been left there.

You can also provide the URL where you downloaded extensions so we can test with them.

• 2. Re: Extension Manager corrupted my programs
            asura_b Level 1

I downloaded them from Adobe Exchange http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/ . 

I removed the extensions from the Extension Manager and then I deleted the

downloaded files from my computer.

Here's the list of the extensions that I downloaded for Flash:

Query Toggle

JK drawing

Byte-base

Store Kit

Tnt Sounds

plusMover

Component

Auto Snapshot

eMailer

Sickworks