LiveCycle Barcoded Forms is the solution for bridging the paper-to-digital divide. It is frequently used where consumer/users have poor Internet connectivity or no Internet connectivity AND fax or traditional mail are the primary communication mechanism. Users fill the interactive PDF form thereby encoding the data in the barcode, the form is printed and then faxed or mailed to a central processing site. At the central site the barcode(s) on the fax image or printed form can be scanned.
If you have a requirement to submit more data than a single PDF417 barcode can encode you can use multiple barcodes on a single form. There are a number of options to optimize barcode data capacity. The primary optimizations include:
1) Do not use XML formatting. Encode the data in a delimited format and do not include labels.
2) Encode barcode data in single-case.
3) Avoid punctuation in the data encoded in a barcode.
4) Finding an error correction level optimized for the workflow. High error correction levels (0-5) reduce data capacity.
Is there any way i can send the xml file which is generated by my code to server end in offline mode?
is there anyway i can update the barcode using single click instead of writing custom or automatic scripting.
on button click event paperforms barcode should be updated.------form.page.paperformbarcode.rawValue="abcd"----on click event of button
Can you redefine your interpretation of 'offline'? If you do not have Internet connectivity there is no standards based way for a client to communicate with a server. This is the reason fax is a relevant communication mechanism in the developing world.
Script to populate the barcode has to be added to a barcode whether it us custom code or done through the tool and automatic scripting. For example, '-form.page.paperformbarcode.rawValue="abcd"----on click event of button' is custom code.
You are free to design your barcode as you choose. If 'form.page.paperformbarcode.rawValue="abcd"----on click event of button' satisfies your business requirements and passes your quality assurance criteria then do so. Putting the barcode encoding script on the calculate event of the barcode object is done because it complies with the XFA event model specification. Putting the barcode calculate event on the click event of a button increases the likelihood that you will not capture the data from the form objects bound to a barcode.
Thanks for your quick reply.
offline means no internet connection
I have following 2 problems while form designing
1. I want to update the databarcode by the clicking on the button but everytime i need to write a code in calculate event of the script of paper barcode as "this.rawValue = "Abhishek"".i dont want to have any script for any events in barcode. i want to update the barcode through click event of button as form.page.paperformBarcode.rawValue="Abhishek". Barcode is not getting updated when i am clicking on the button. I have attached sample PDF for better understanding.
2. I want to store xml file in the barcode and retrive the same in server environment. I dont know how to do it?
I am not getting an option to attach the files to post. will you please help?
Please forward me a test mail to provide you the sample pdf.
Email-id --- firstname.lastname@example.org