0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2010 8:38 AM by Gentilini Paolo

PROJECT IS INVALID - PROJECT IS NOT FLASH COMPATIBLE

Gentilini Paolo

I really started to get frustrated with Catalyst.

I've been working on a same project for over weeks, first in Panini and than in CS5. In Panini i hit a huge bug so i can't open the file anymore: "THE PROJECT IS NOT FLASH COMPATIBLE, TO FIX COMPATIBILITY PROBLEMS, OPEN THE PROJECT IN FLASH BUILDER".

src/Main.mxml (951): Effect target must be a compatible visual component.

src/Main.mxml (967): Effect target must be a compatible visual component.

src/Main.mxml (1,000): Effect target must be a compatible visual component.

src/Main.mxml (1,024): Effect target must be a compatible visual component.

src/Main.mxml (1,037): Effect target must be a compatible visual component.

src/Main.mxml (1,074): Effect target must be a compatible visual component.

src/Main.mxml (1,086): Effect target must be a compatible visual component.

src/Main.mxml (1,110): Effect target must be a compatible visual component.

So here i made a research on forums regarding this problem and from what i found, i presume it is a bug caused by a transition on a drop shadow image. Well, i simply can't fix that since panini doesn't want to open the file and i have no clue how to work in FLASH BUILDER.

I started the whole project AGAIN in CATALYST CS5, and here i tried not to make the same mistakes, so i compressed and rasterized all the images and drop shadows etc. But before i got to the point of adding transitions between states, and even linking all the states together, CATALYST crashed and when i reopened it i got this message: "PROJECT IS INVALID AND CANNOT BE OPENED"!!! Come on!

So again back to forums, researching.

- renaming the file didn't work (as i read that it fixed that problem)

- opening the file in FLASH BUILDER didn't work, even though it showed that there are 2 ERRORS, i really don't know how to fix that in the source code (?).

What can i do now!? Is there a way to solve that by myself without sending the file to someone in the Adobe tim? - just in case it happens again!

It would be really great if there would be a tutorial step by step on how to fix that in FLASH BUILDER.

Any help regarding the CS5 version would be appreciated.