Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Context Sensitive Help Question

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2010 Dec 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am new at publishing context sensitive help and have a client that is having trouble with the mapping process, etc. I have sent an Excel file to the client with mapIDs for each topic and *thought* that the rest of the process was up to the developer. The developer is now asking me to set the main portal page as the "Home" screen as well as provide MasterData.xml file. When generating the WebHelp, the default topic is set to Home Screen.htm and I have been unable to locate a file called MasterData.xml in my source files or in my WebHelp files. Any ideas or any links to information that better explains this process?

Thank you!

Jen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a couple of posts about masterdata.xml that seem to indicate it's not a problem. See if either of these help.

javascript:;

For the 'main portal page' bit - maybe the developer wants to know the Start Page of the project, rather than the Default Topic? I'm not very familiar with CSH and webhelp, so I'm uncertain of the details the developer needs, but I wouldn't think you'd have to change anything as long as they have all the necessary details.

Amber

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

@Amebr: The links inside the other topic are broken.

The MasterData.xml is only present when you use merged webhelp. Anyway, I don't see why a developer wants it.

As for calling WebHelp, check out: http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/calling_webhelp/calling_webhelp.htm. Also, in your RoboHelp installation directory, there's a directory called 'CSH API'. That directory contains standard API's a developer can use to call your webhelp.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2010 Dec 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nuts, they worked the other day. Plus I realised I linked to this thread, instead of the one I'd meant to.

Anyway, here are the two links from the MasterData.xml thread - I found them in the sidebar.

I can't remember which context sensitive topic I intended to link to, but I'll repost if I can find it.

Amebr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp