2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2010 10:28 AM by xmflsct

same direction scroll?

xmflsct

I want to create a scroll panel like the menus in iPhone, Android, etc, which means, when the cursor moves up, the content also goes up.

I couldn't find this kind of component in Catalyst, therefore I create one using the normal scroll bar and scoll panel. However, it works the other way around.

Is there any solution for it? Thanks a lot!

Bests,

Zhiyuan

• 1. Re: same direction scroll?
          Chris W. Griffith Adobe Community Professional

For something like that you will have to develop the control in Flash Builder. This will require a fair amount of ActionScript code and an understanding of OOP. You would need to extend the scrollbar class, override it's methods with your custom methods.

I would caution that unless you are creating a touch interface, reversing the standard scroll behavior will most likely frustrate your users.

Good luck!

Chris

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: same direction scroll?
            xmflsct Level 1

Thanks Chris. Indeed I am creating a touch interface prototype for a portable device. Not fully working one, but at least a demonstration. That is why I want to have that kind of feature.

It seems that I have to use ActionScript, which I have no idea about...

But anyway, thanks for your information!

Cheers