2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2010 10:24 AM by Thierry Lorey

How to only edit one state when creating an animated .gif?

yaksushi

I created my first anaimated .gif image the other day. Now when I try to create a new one everytime I duplicate state and try to edit just the duplicated state all states are updated.  I only click on one state then as soon as I do something it updates all of them! How do I turn this off?  It's driving me nuts I've been messing with it for over 2 hours!  Ahhh.... thanks!

• 1. Re: How to only edit one state when creating an animated .gif?
          Thierry Lorey

yaksushi wrote:

I created my first anaimated .gif image the other day. Now when I try to create a new one everytime I duplicate state and try to edit just the duplicated state all states are updated.  I only click on one state then as soon as I do something it updates all of them! How do I turn this off?  It's driving me nuts I've been messing with it for over 2 hours!  Ahhh.... thanks!

Hi,

what's your Fireworks version? You should be able to edit and modify any state in an animated gif without all the States to modify.

Now all depends on what you have in your States. For example, if you have symbol 1 in State 1, you duplicate your State and get symbol 1 in State 2. When you modify symbol 1 all the symbols 1 will be modified at the same time.

• 2. Re: How to only edit one state when creating an animated .gif?
            Thierry Lorey Level 1

I think I know what's happening. You have switched on the Share Layer to States feature (in Fireworks CS5). Go to the Layer menu and de select it.