7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2010 8:32 AM by Colin Brougham

double clips

MarcoTex

Hi,

is it possible to find double clips in PP CS5 time line (I mean the same clip in different part of the time line)?

thank you

Tex

• 1. Re: double clips
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Yes, just right click on the clip you want to search for in the time line and locate it in the project. Then:

22-12-2010 10-53-35.jpg

• 2. Re: double clips
            MarcoTex Level 1

But this way doesen't works when you use different part from the same source because the list became very long to check. In Final Cut double clips are marked in time line with a red sing or so on. I'm looking for something of similar

Thanks

• 3. Re: double clips
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Though not a pure "locator," as Harm points to, you can also look at the Video Usage (might need to be enabled and then moved to near the front of the columns) column. This will tell you how many times a source Clip is used in the Timeline. I'd look at a combo of those two.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: double clips
                Jim_Simon Level 8

There is no indication in the sequence itself for clips used more than once.

• 5. Re: double clips
                  Colin Brougham Level 6

Are you talking about FCP's "through edit" indicator? Those are the red triangles that appear on both sides of an edit point, indicating that a single clip has been split, and the footage on both sides of the edit belong to the same clip. If this is what you're referring to, then, no--Premiere does not offer such an indication. Would be a worthwhile feature request, however: Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

If you're talking about something different, though, please provide a little more detail.

• 6. Re: double clips
                    Jim_Simon Level 8
                    Would be a worthwhile feature request

I'm wondering why.  Perhaps because of my own limited imagination, but I can't see any real reasons for such a "feature" for the professional editor.

• 7. Re: double clips
                      Colin Brougham Level 6

Perhaps because of my own limited imagination, but I can't see any real reasons for such a "feature" for the professional editor.

You're kidding, right? Considering that both FCP and Avid do this, and they've been professional editors for much longer than Premiere, I think it's worthwhile to have this feature. After 10 years of having it with Avid, I found it disappointing that Premiere did not have the same.