4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2010 8:31 AM by _mishka_

Reader with iMac

_mishka_

Hello. I am using an iMac with OSX.6.5. I have downloaded Adobe Reader X as I want to view some documents on a website. I repaired permissions after the download. But the website keeps telling me that I have an old version of Reader, even though the new one is the only one in my applications folder. Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks

mishka

UK

• 1. Re: Reader with iMac
          Karan Malik Adobe Employee

Hi Mishka,

Please share the link from where you are trying to view the pdf file. Is it specific to that website only. Are you able to view any other pdf in Safari. Try browsing for any pdf link on google and see whether that works. Also try opening any pdf file present in system by dragging and dropping in Safari.

Also do you have any other version of Reader present in your system like Reader 9 or 8.

Thanks,

Karan

• 2. Re: Reader with iMac
            _mishka_ Level 1

Hi Karan

Thanks for your reply.

It seems to be site specific. I'm trying to view newspaper archives at http://www.thejc.com/ for which I have a subscription. I have been using this site for several years with my old imac. I now have a new one and have downloaded (three times) Adobe Reader X and am still having the same problem. I have also repaired disc permissions. I do not have any old versions of this on my computer. Other sites seem fine, and pdfs on my computer open too. I wonder if I should go back to the previous version of Reader?

Regards

Mishka

• 3. Re: Reader with iMac
              MichaelKazlow MVP & Adobe Community Professional

There are two places you might have Reader installed. One is the traditional Applications folder off the root of the hard drive. There is an additional Applications folder inside your User folder. Perhaps you have one hiding there.

• 4. Re: Reader with iMac
                _mishka_ Level 1

Thanks, but I've checked and they're both the same, ie. Reader X and no other versions.