5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2010 12:14 PM by hugoler0

Help on how to make an infinite loop with the same space on all images

hugoler0

HI:

I made a movie clip with infinite  loop in which there are images that move from right to left something simple like a marquee, and each image has a blank space between  them, but between last and first image there is a more space, how I can do to  make all images have an equal space between each one and that the motion never stops.

• 1. Re: Help on how to make an infinite loop with the same space on all images
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

how do you loop your images?  timeline?  code?

• 2. Re: Help on how to make an infinite loop with the same space on all images
            hugoler0 Level 1

I made the infinite loop by timeline, by the way, I've just put an action script code,  gotoAndPlay(1); in the frame where I want to restart the movie, but it doesn´t look good because it stops suddenly in the current image on the screen and it does not allow the last image to finish its course to out of the stage.

thanks in advance

• 3. Re: Help on how to make an infinite loop with the same space on all images

the end of your timeline should contain one stage width's of the start.  ie, "some" of your images will be at the start and also at the end of your timeline.  that "some" should comprise exactly one stage width.  so, your timeline's last frame matches the initial frame where your stage has images filling the stage from left to right.  you then use a goto to that matched frame.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Help on how to make an infinite loop with the same space on all images
                hugoler0 Level 1

Thanks for your time and answers my friend, but I'm still not be able to achieve what I want, I forgot to tell that I'm doing this by layers, let's say, I have 5 images, (in fact I have like 50 images converted to movie clip symbols) each image has it's own layer, layer 1, layer 2, layer 3, layer 4, layer 5, then I put a 200 frame motion tween on all layers at 30 fps, then I arranged layer 1 on the first frame to the frame 200, the second layer from frame 50 to frame 250, third layer from frame 100 to frame 300, fourth layer from frame 150 to frame 350, and fifth layer from frame 200 to frame 400, by this I mean I put a 50 frame of space on each image but if you can see, the last image has a duration from frame 200 to frame 400, and there's nothing on frame 250 where it is supposed to be another image to match the same blank space of all the others, the movie clip restarts on the frame 400, and there's a 150 frames of blank space between the last image and the first image, I put the gotoandplay on the frame 250, but it abruptly restarts the movie.

Is there another way to do this ?

Am I doing something wrong ?

Please I really really need help on this.

Thanks

• 5. Re: Help on how to make an infinite loop with the same space on all images

again, the last frame must match some other frame on your timeline.  does it?  if yes, which frame does it match?

1 person found this helpful