1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 22, 2010 11:26 AM by Developer504

Trouble connecting to SQL 2005

Developer504 Level 1

I'm using Flex 3, trying to connect to SQL 2005 via ASP with IIS7.

I was following the instructions listed [url=http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=data_3.html]here [/url] under the section "Generating an ASP .NET database application", I attempted to Create an Application from Database, following all the steps as listed, but Flex is failing to connet to my database.

I specified a name for the connection profile (I assume this can be anything - maybe this is my mistake), on the next screen under server name I put in the name of my local SQL 2005 Server on my machine: DAVE-PC\SQLEXPRESS, I put in the name of the database AIS1010 and user ID: sa and password 1234 (these all match the credentials on my local SQL Server) and I clicked the button 'Test connection', I get the message unable to connect to database.

I looked at the logs under the detail button, and I can see that Flex is failing to find "DAVE-PC\SQLEXPRESS'.  What am I doing wrong here?

Is there something specific I need to do in IIS?

D.

• 1. Re: Trouble connecting to SQL 2005
          Developer504 Level 1

I should add:

The first line of the error details reads:

java.sql.SQLException: Unknown server host name 'DAVE-PC\SQLEXPRESS'.

but this is the correct server name in SQL 2005.

also

In the Projects Flex Server Properties root folder is: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\

root URL is: http://localhost/

these locations do 'validate' in Flex.

IIS Server is running and I'm able to run other applications through it using some other applications, both in Flex and in Unipaas..

D