4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2010 7:28 AM by the_wine_snob

Premiere Elements 8

rcwilson7@aol.com

I am operating Premiere Elements 8 in Windows 7 in a PC with a 2.8 GHz quad processor with 6 gigs of RAM. When I bring AVI clips into a project file and work in the edit mode, the video and audio are in synch. But after rendering, when previewing, the audio is slow out of synch with the video, and sometimes shuts off in the middle of the video clip. I have run the video clips in Windows Media Player and the synch is good. How do I fix it?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 8
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

AVI is but a wrapper. An AVI file can contain almost anything. This ARTICLE will give you background, and then tell you how to find out what is inside the wrapper. That info will be very useful in diagnosing your issue. The solutions will likely be in the details of those AVI files.

Just a guess: they contain the DivX/Xvid, or MJPEG CODEC's. There are ways around the problems of those, but they differ.

Let us know what is inside the AVI wrapper, please,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 8
            nealeh Level 5

Also, where did the clips come from, and how did you get them onto your PC?

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 8
              rcwilson7@aol.com Level 1

Pardon my stupidity. When I reviewed all five video clips, one of them was 

not formatted correctly to be compatible with PE8. It messed up the whole 

project. I converted the rogue clip, rebuilt the project and everything is

fine.  Thanks for your attention.

Merry Christmas!

Bob Wilson

In a message dated 12/23/2010 6:30:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, 

forums@adobe.com writes:

Also,  where did the clips come from, and how did you get them onto your 

PC?

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it  from your  children

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 8
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Bob,

Great news, and thank you for reporting your success!

Happy editing, and the happiest of Holidays,

Hunt