4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2012 11:42 AM by wrja-tv

Problems capture with decklink

cmelk

Hi All,

I have a problem in captured files with Premiere CS4 and CS5 with BlackMagic Decklink;

The problem is ever present but sometime is more visible sometime less, it seems like a grid over the movie where the colors degrades, with regular step (arround 8x8 pixerl grid).

Now I am capturing in DV-SD PAL format (from an SDI source), capturing in DVCPro or Uncompressed the problem is quite invisible.

I tryed to change a lot of Decklink devices (also device version) and a lot of drivers version, but the problem still be..

Have you some idea? what may I check?

Thank you in advance

(Try to see the problem in the attached file)

Christian

gliglia.jpg

• 1. Re: Problems capture with decklink
          Averdahl Level 3

Christian,

I see the same thing with any SD material, captured via a Decklink card or captured directly from a DV-deck/camera FireWire.

AFAIK, it has to do with how Pr renders the video for the Source/Program panels and the captured video and the exported video looks perfect when watched outside Pr CS4/CS5. Playback the footage in Blackmagic Media Express to see if you see any difference, or export a still image from the Source/Program panel and open it either Photoshop or MS Paint to see how it looks, IE if the grid is still present or not. How does the footage looks on your preview monitor attached to the Decklink card?

I saw this issue for the first time in CS4. DV footage with stage lights in it can look really wierd in CS4 and CS5. DV footage with lots of blue skies in the frame looks really wierd.

So, i am pretty sure that there is nothing wrong with your card.

/Roger

• 2. Re: Problems capture with decklink
            cmelk Level 1

Thanx Roger,

but I saw the grid over the Clip also when played with WMPlayer or other...

on the next days I will post other screenshot with various test in different

software...but I am sure that the problem is printed on files, when I try to

playout these clips the problem is still present, and whether the clip is

16:9 it generate other visual mistakes like black random blinking area (8x8)

arround the screen...

So thank you, I hope you will be so kind to se my next post with other

example..

Bye

Christian

2010/12/24 Averdahl <forums@adobe.com>

Christian,

>

I see the same thing with any SD material, captured via a Decklink card or

captured directly from a DV-deck/camera FireWire.

>

AFAIK, it has to do with how Pr renders the video for the Source/Program

panels and the captured video and the exported video looks perfect when

watched outside Pr CS4/CS5. Playback the footage in Blackmagic Media Express

to see if you see any difference, or export a still image from the

Source/Program panel and open it either Photoshop or MS Paint to see how it

looks, IE if the grid is still present or not. How does the footage looks on

your preview monitor attached to the Decklink card?

>

I saw this issue for the first time in CS4. DV footage with stage lights in

it can look really wierd in CS4 and CS5. DV footage with lots of blue skies

in the frame looks really wierd.

>

So, i am pretty sure that there is nothing wrong with your card.

>

/Roger

>

• 3. Re: Problems capture with decklink
              cmelk Level 1

Hi all, and hi Roger,

sorry for delay, this is the problem I  described you, as you can see in this grab it's also visible in  windows media player..

I can also assert that it's visible using VLC or GraphEdit..and obviously it still present if I  play it out as SDI through decklink...

spot 1 - the problem described

spot 2 - a derived problem, infact sometime during the  play on the screen, blinks some areas like this..and it is in random  position and prensent only for a few frames...

So Roger... is this the same problem you have seen in your experience?

As  I told you, we just tested a lot of changes to get it out : using cs4  insted of cs5, decklink HD2 insted of decklink ultra studio..etc, but the  problem still be...

Thank you in advance

Christian

Unwanted_grid_01.jpg

• 4. Re: Problems capture with decklink
                wrja-tv

We have upgraded to CS5.5.2 from CS4. We are now having the same grid problem. Have you found a solution? Adobe has been no help with this.

Victor 

grid in video.jpg