11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2010 10:47 AM by the_wine_snob

Export Help

JSt.O

I am using Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0.2 and I am trying to export a video, but I only want to export what is seen in the "monitor" section of the work space.  I am trying to export an MPEG, and the resulting video always differs from the monitor with standard video clips overlappinging widescreen clips.

• 1. Re: Export Help
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

I am not following what you wish to Export and what you are getting.

If is's a Duration, then you can set the WAB (Work Area Bar) and then select Export Work Area Bar, if that is what you want.

If that is not what you are talking about, please correct me.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: Export Help
            JSt.O Level 1

I am trying to export the entire sequence that I have created. I want the exported video to be exactly what is seen in the area that I have highlighted in the picture below.

1.jpg

However, when I select export workspace, the video is different from what was seen in the highlighted area above.  In some parts of my video, there are overlapping clips that are different in size, and I get things like what is in the picture below.

2.jpg

Thanks for the response,
            James

• 3. Re: Export Help
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

On the timeline in your screenshot, you have some clips on tracks overlapping other clips and you have keyframed the opacity (transparency). This will create the double-exposure you see in your final video.

So I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but the program is doing exactly what you're telling it to do.

• 4. Re: Export Help
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Can you post a screen-cap of first your Timeline, with the various Clips showing. Next, I would post a screen-cap of the Effects Control Panel with one of your overlay Clips Selected, along with the Keyframes.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Export Help
                  JSt.O Level 1

I want the double exposure, but the foreground video does not completely overlap the background video.  I have changed the position and scale of the clips so that they appear the way I want in the monitor.

I would like to know how to export the video exactly how it appears in the monitor.

When I export, it doesn't keep the position and scale settings that I applied.

• 6. Re: Export Help
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Export should not alter the Keyframed Effects. What is the delivery scheme that you need?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 7. Re: Export Help
                      JSt.O Level 1

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "delivery scheme."

Export isn't necessarily changing the keyframe effects, sorry it's hard for me to explain.

I have changed the scale of the clips so that they overlap the way I want in the monitor.  I am magnifying widescreen clips to eliminate the black bars.  However, when I export, I end up with regular clips overlapping widescreen clips, creating a visible boarder like in the picture I gave earlier.

• 8. Re: Export Help
                        the_wine_snob Level 9

By "Export scheme," I mean what format and CODEC are you Exporting/Sharing to, and what are the Frame Size dimension of that Exported/Shared file?

Also, you mention that you are using Widescreen source files. What are the specs. of those files?

What is the Project Preset chosen to work with those?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 9. Re: Export Help
                          JSt.O Level 1

I am exporting an MPEG file:

TV Standard: NTSC
                          file type: MPEG2

frame size: 1440 X 1080

I am using multiple source files with different specs.

one of the widescreen files:

type: quick time movie

images size: 480 X 270

pixel depth: 24

frame rate: 30.00

one of the other files:

type: quick time movie

image size: 640 X 480

pixel depth: 24

frame rate: 30.00

Sorry, I'm also not sure how to change project presets.  I'm running premiere elements 3 on windows 7 and trying to change most settings causes the program to crash, so I am somewhat limited on what I can do.

• 10. Re: Export Help
                            JSt.O Level 1

Okay, I just used "export movie" and it exported the way i wanted it to.  Although I'm not sure why this worked, but export MPEG didn't.

The quality of the video isn't very good either, but the program doesn't give the option to change quality.

• 11. Re: Export Help
                              the_wine_snob Level 9

Quality will always be an issue, when one is up-rezzing from less-than SD resolution to HD resolutions. The less Scaling (since you are doing some PiP type work, or so it appears), the better the quality. When one Scales up from those small Frame Sizes, the greater the loss in quality.

Also, working with mixed source material can lead to issues too. PrE works much better, when the source footage is common, and matches the Project Preset 100%.

Good luck,

Hunt

1 person found this helpful