2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 25, 2010 9:43 AM by howamidoing

Keyframed garbage mattes hang in copied clips in Pre 9, is this a bug?

howamidoing

This wasn't a problem in version 8, is this a bug or am I missing some new setting?

• 1. Re: Keyframed garbage mattes hang in copied clips in Pre 9, is this a bug?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It's not been a problem for me on Mac or PC.

Can you be more specific about what you're doing and what's not happening?

• 2. Re: Keyframed garbage mattes hang in copied clips in Pre 9, is this a bug?
            howamidoing Level 1

Thanks for taking the time to contact me. This isn't a huge deal, I'm just curious.  Here's the order of things: Start with a small clip containing a moving object, section in the timeline Apply any garbage matte, kayframe the matte to move with the object Time stretch the clip, say 50% Copy the clip next to the original On my system the copied matte in the copied clip freezes. This worked OK in PrE8.  The freeze seems to be related to the time stretch.  If I hold off and then apply it to the clips individually at the end, it seems to work. Also, I've noticed that the matte doesn't always line up with the clip originally set up, when exporting to a file.  Some AVIs work better than most MPEGs.  This also was better in ver. 8 - although in that version I noticed that the placement of a foreground video changed position related to a background still, after creating an MPEG.  The video ended up in a lower position. I bought version 9 with the hopes that some small bugs would be fixed, but the above described seems to have gotten buggier. My system runs Win XP sr3 with 2 gb DDR2 ram. I have a Visiontek radeon HD 4550 video card with 512 mb DDR3 memory. The videos I've tried are in .mov and wma formats. Can you duplicate? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks and have a great holiday season.