2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2010 12:35 AM by Mylenium

Export Corruption Issues

MNashaat

Ok so I am on the verge of ripping out my hair. I spent a good 2 hours trying to recreate the SIMPLEST Andrew Kramer tutorial, bought his plug ins and all that. I finally finished and it (in my opinion) looked great but when i make a movie the file becomes completely corrupted.

When i PRAM in After Effects everything works perfectly. After  exporting, the audio is not synchronized, their is MAJOR frame  skippage/lag and its just overall corrupted.

In  addition to this when i go to File>Export>Premeiere Project I get  an error telling me i am missing a curve and another video filter, which  results in a COMPLETELY different "movie" than what i have in After  effects..please someone save me from this torment.

Once in the render queue i opened output

In the format options I have "None" Selected for "Video Codec".

Format is AVI.

Post render Action- None

Video Output selected (obviously)

Channels - RGB

Depth- Millions of Colors

Color- Premultiplied (matted)

Audio Selected

48khz 16bit stereo.

My composition settings are HDTV 1080 29.97 @ 1920x1080 Sq. Pixels.

Within my comp i have 2 text layers 1 of them is animated

5 JPG Layers with my Grunge Images

1 .MOV FILE

1 Camera

1 Adjustment Layer

and 2 .WAV Files

I know it has to have something to do with my format/codec/frame rate but im stumped.

• 1. Re: Export Corruption Issues
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

What version of After Effects? Have you installed the most recent update?

> When i PRAM in After Effects

What does this mean?

> In  addition to this when i go to File>Export>Premeiere Project

Why are you doing this?

> After  exporting, the audio is not synchronized, their is MAJOR frame  skippage/lag and its just overall corrupted.

Once in the render queue i opened output

In the format options I have "None" Selected for "Video Codec".

Format is AVI.

If you're rendering and exporting to AVI with no compression, then it's not surprising that you're seeing lagging on playback. The playback of such huge files in real time in a media player can be overly demanding on a media player and hard disk. Movies with no compression are not intended for real-time playback. See this FAQ entry:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/684381

• 2. Re: Export Corruption Issues
            Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

What Todd said - even on the most beefy machines it's impossible to play a full HD file uncompressed smoothly. It is doubtful, whether you even need full HD for your purposes. For the rest - well, you need compression but I've just written a few comments on that one thread above, so check and consult the mighty Google on MPEG4, H.264, XVid and all that...

Mylenium