search your flex2 documentation for "Creating a theme SWC file"
We have already look at the document "Flex 2 Developer Guide" at Chapter 18. But we are really confuse about this now! How to open and/or create a SWC???
1. Create skinning for all the components in flex using Flash Catalyst 5.5.
(Flash Catalyst Learning aid : http://tv.adobe.com/show/flash-catalyst-1-1-with-doug-winnie)
2. Use them in a model application using CSS.
Eg. of CSS:
/* CSS file */
@namespace s "library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark";
@namespace mx "library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx";
fontSize:24; //may or may not use these
Where ButtonSkin3 is the Skinning file… in same folder where the CSS file exists.
3. After that model is finalized place the CSS in your Application (Right Click on the CSS and check CSS to SWF) using flash builder.
4. Use the SWF file for your application to change the look and feel via a menu at runtime…
To learn how to do so use this link…
5. In your application just call this dynamically from a menu or button.
BasicStyles.swf is our css file in swf format.