0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 24, 2010 4:22 PM by marlene41

Help! Adobe X Screen goes black.

marlene41

I have Windows XP.

I use Mozilla Firefox.

This problem started about a week ago.

If I'm on a website that has a pdf link, I can't open it. I click the link, the screen goes black, a narrow blue horizontal bar loads, but the rest of the screen remains black. I uninstalled & reinstalled Adobe Reader X today, & I was able to open a pdf once from a website. I tried a while later, & I got the black screen gain, plus a notice that said there was a problem with Adobe - please try again. So I did, & I got the black screen again.  I cannot right click or do anything except close the tab.

I began having minor problems when I updated to Adobe X - I'd get a  notice that an Adobe plug-in had crashed - but usually didn't affect what I was doing, unless I needed sound.

I tried downloading by using the "offline installer" as suggested on another thread;

http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/9.x/9.3/enu/AdbeRdr93 0_en_US.exe

but it would not not dowload - it said I had an updated version.

About the same time this latest problem began, if I happened to close all tabs in Firefox, I could not get back to the web - it says that firefox is runnint; I have to close it down & try again. I don't know how to close firefox (or if I did, it didn't work), so I have to reboot.

Opening a pdf link used to be simple - click & the pdf opened. I don't like the idea of downloading a link to my computer every time I want to just read something.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: marlene41  About the same time this latest problem began, if I happened to close all tabs in Firefox, I could not get back to the web - it says that firefox is runnint; I have to close it down & try again. I don't know how to close firefox (or if I did, it didn't work), so I have to reboot.

Message was edited by: marlene41 I just went through the entire log of "Adobe Reader X - Firefox Integration Problem." Our problems are different but seem to be caused by the same issue of Firefox/Adobe X.  I also had the shockwave crashes. II would try reinstalling Reader 9.4.1, but I can't find it.