2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 4, 2011 10:51 AM by Golden Headphones

How can I add broadcast info and secondary tones, etc?

Golden Headphones

I cannot find a way to add broadcast starting and ending dates or secondary tones.  This is imperative for radio production.  I have used adobe audition for many years and love they way it interacts with wave station software for "on air" use.  I would love to see many of the traditional features for broadcast use included in the Mac version.  Without them... the program is not usable for me.   Am I missing them or are they not included in this beta version????  Help!!

• 1. Re: How can I add broadcast info and secondary tones, etc?
          _durin_ Adobe Employee

Hi,

Unfortunately at this time, CART Chunk support has not been implemented in the metadata panel.  I'll include your message in the feature database entry for this support.

• 2. Re: How can I add broadcast info and secondary tones, etc?
            Golden Headphones Level 1

Thanks for the response. In my efforts with the beta Audition for Mac, I kept experimenting until I found the entries in the metadata window that work for "cart" info. For example, the "genre" entry in Mac comes up as "start date" in PC Audition. I also found entries for "end date" and "secondary tone".

It would not be too hard to include this info in a "cart info" window. Right now I am just manually entering the info and it seems to be working.

Thanks for your time. I have been using Adobe Audition for years and before that Cool Edit Pro. I do radio broadcast production and audio recording for multi media presentations.  I recently purchased a MacBook Pro and am so jazzed that I will be able to continue using Audition and be comparable with PC's the stations use.

Golden Headphones

"Believe"

James 5:16