2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2011 5:36 AM by ruchi_agrawal_adobe

Runtime error with windows 7

lisamac70

Hi,

I have a new laptop with Windows 7 and Adobe reader 10 'X' installed. I am unable to open a PDF dopcument. A box shows up titled  Microsoft visual C++ Runtime library and within the box is written 'Runtime Error Program :C... This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.Please contact the applications support team for more information'. I have tried to follow instruction on support for adobe but cannot find the information they are suggesting i change such as preferences etc. Can anybody help me as I do not have a good knowledge of computers and nobody to ask....

• 1. Re: Runtime error with windows 7
          ManishPali Adobe Employee

Try the following and check if you could launch reader or not?

1. Right click on Reader icon and choose Properties...

2. Goto Compatibility tab and check 'Run this program in compatibility mode for'

3. Click OK

4. Double click on Reader icon and choose 'Open with protected mode disabled' and click OK.

• 2. Re: Runtime error with windows 7
            ruchi_agrawal_adobe Adobe Employee

Announcement: Would you like to help us improve Adobe Reader?

Hi All,

We have had a few bug reports related to Adobe Reader X protected mode coming in from you in this forum. We have addressed a large number of them in our upcoming Reader update and we would like to hear your feedback.

To that extent, we would like to invite you to the Adobe Reader Prerelease program and try out the latest build. To participate, please fill in the form available at

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=reader_prerelease_ interest and indicate Adobe Reader as the product of your interest.

We look forward to your active participation, feedback and help towards making Reader a better product.

Thanks and regards,
            Adobe Prerelease Team