7 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2010 11:46 AM by Todd_Kopriva

CC Particle World

kbrogers

I recently upgraded from CS3 to CS5.  CC Particle World (and all the CC's) are not included in CS5, though they were in CS3.  I'm probably overlooking something, but how can I get the CC's for CS5?

• 1. Re: CC Particle World
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It should come as part of your AE install. If you're running the trial version, they won't be there, but if your version is fully registered, the CC effects should all be there.

• 2. Re: CC Particle World
            bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3

At some time the installer for AE required a separate operation for the CC effects. It's been so long ago I don't rememeber when that changed but look on your AE disk to see if there's a separate folder for Cycore.

bogiesan

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: CC Particle World
              Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

What Szalam said. The CC effects are part of the normal install. if they don't show up, then something went wrong with serialization and AE essentially runs in trial mode (which you would also notice by otehr miussing plug-ins and CoDecs). Make sure to instal lwith correct admin rights and input a serial during install.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: CC Particle World
                kbrogers Level 1

So as soon as I input a serial number, they'll appear?  (I'm running the student version and haven't been given a serial number yet)

• 5. Re: CC Particle World
                  bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3

kbrogers wrote:

So as soon as I input a serial number, they'll appear?  (I'm running the student version and haven't been given a serial number yet)

Dunno, never tried to install a student version of anything and it you could have included that critical information in the original post. Until you correctly enter a valid serial number, you are running the demo mode which does not include a bunch of stuff. IIRC, some of that stuff that isn't active are the Cycore effects.

bogiesan

• 6. Re: CC Particle World
                    kbrogers Level 1

I thought the trial version would have the same stuff as the student version.  Guess not.  Thanks, though.

• 7. Re: CC Particle World
                      Todd_Kopriva Level 8

The fact that this is a student version isn't relevant. The student version differs in no way from the regular version; the license is different but the software is identical.

What is more likely is that (as other ahve indicated) you're running the software as a trial, meaning that you haven't activated it by entering a serial number.

Yes, the components that aren't included in the trial are unlocked when you enter a serial number.

See this FAQ entry:

"FAQ: Why don't I have some effects or codecs in my After Effects installation"