4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2010 9:57 AM by 88Wally

Beginner Workflow Questions

88Wally

Hi All,

After wearing a Gopro helmet in a hockey game, I'm trying to use PE9 to edit the 1.5 hours of footage and make some sort of movie.  I have everything split into what I think will be relavent sections but now I find it a little overwhelming.  There are so many clips I can never tell where I am or where I want to go. 

My Questions....

1) Is there a way to rename all the clips in sequence?  For example, the original file is named GOoooo8.  Now I have about 10 GOoooo8's.  Any other naming tips?

2) Can I tag the clips?  When I go back to organizer, the clips are still in the large original files instead of the new small files.

3) Is there a way to get the "opacity: clip opacity" off of the timeline?

Thanks!!

Wally

• 1. Re: Beginner Workflow Questions
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I do not know enough about those particular helmet cam clips to comment on the clips themselves. Most use proprietary codecs in order to fit lots of

video in a small space, and that often means that they behave strangely in programs like Premiere Elements.

As for the Opacity notation on your clips, that is one of your clip's properties and it is listed on your clip because it is often keyframed (as when you apply a fade in or fade out effect). You don't want to remove it. You can, however, click on it and, if you prefer, display Motion instead -- though I don't know if that's what you're trying to do.

The Audio equivalents are Volume (displayed by default) and Balance.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Beginner Workflow Questions
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Wally,

Welcome to the forum.

This ARTICLE might be useful, when working with the Go-Pro helmet cam.

For the rest, I think that Steve has answered those questions.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re: Beginner Workflow Questions
              88Wally Level 1

HI Guys, Thanks for the responses.

I might be in a little deep here (I ordered a a manual but it's going to be a while).

The files are mpeg 4 H.264, AAC, the ones that cause problems in Premiere Pro.  I was able to get them in no problem and work with them in PE9.  Should I start over an convert them as suggested?  It wouldn't take long to re- cut the files if I do.

Thanks again.

Wally

• 4. Re: Beginner Workflow Questions
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

No point in fixing it if it isn't broke. If the program can work with those MP4s, go ahead and use them.

1 person found this helpful