4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2007 11:04 AM by Newsgroup_User

What happened to Alien Skin Splat in CS3?

mnscott Level 1
      Hi all. I searched the forum and could not find a similar topic... so I apologize if this has already been answered elsewhere.

In previous versions of Fireworks I enjoyed the ease of adding edge effects (such as pixilated or torn edges), but the new CS3 does not seem to have the Alien Skin Splat filter built into it.

Can anyone tell me how I can get that (or another similar filter) for CS3? Or if not, can anyone direct me as to how to implement a torn edge effect without the ease of the filter?

Thanks in advance for your help.
        • 1. Re: What happened to Alien Skin Splat in CS3?
          Level 7
          You're right, I don't know why? But if you still have any of the previous
          versions... In FWs 8 I found it in the Plug-Ins folder you can copy Splat
          LE-eng.8bf and Splat LE Core.dll into your Plug-Ins folder in FWs CS3 and it
          should work.

Peter
          | apologize if this has already been answered elsewhere.
          |
          | In previous versions of Fireworks I enjoyed the ease of adding edge
          effects
          | (such as pixilated or torn edges), but the new CS3 does not seem to have
          the
          | Alien Skin Splat filter built into it.
          |
          | Can anyone tell me how I can get that (or another similar filter) for CS3?
          Or
          | if not, can anyone direct me as to how to implement a torn edge effect
          without
          | the ease of the filter?
          |
          | Thanks in advance for your help.
          |

• 2. Re: What happened to Alien Skin Splat in CS3?
            Level 7
            "Day3" <web@d3sg.com> wrote in message
            news:f60o7m$2ej$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            >
            > Can anyone tell me how I can get that (or another similar filter) for CS3?

You can buy the whole package from Alien Skin www.alienskin.com, which is
            well worth the money.

Also, there are literally hundreds of tutorials on this type of thing that
            you can google for.

Tony

• 3. Re: What happened to Alien Skin Splat in CS3?
              mnscott Level 1
              Thanks Peter, it just took a minute and worked great. I'm a little embarrased I did not think to do that myself ;)
              • 4. Re: What happened to Alien Skin Splat in CS3?
                Level 7

"Day3" <web@d3sg.com> wrote in message
                news:f63g2m$fe6$1@forums.macromedia.com...
                | Thanks Peter, it just took a minute and worked great. I'm a little
                embarrased I did not think to do that myself ;)

Don't be. For future reference, I keep all my plug-ins and 3rd party
                software in a separate folder and link to it via Edit > Preferences >
                Folders Tab > check the Photoshop Pug-Ins (they don't have to be just PS
                ones) It makes it considerably quicker and easier when upgrading or
                changing systems.

Peter