0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2010 7:45 AM by TomCruise06

Verisign Certificate Renewal - Help!!!

TomCruise06 Level 1

Hi Guys,

I am a beginner in Adobe Flex.

The digital certificate from verisign got expired which I used in my flex builder 3, packaging it while exporting an AIR application.

My organisation renewed it and gave me a certificate .p12 file stating that it is a renewed one.

I used that renewed file in place of the old .p12 file in the application package and exported it to an AIR application.

But, I was not able to install that application anymore as it results in "The installation of this application is damaged. Try re-installing the application or contact the publisher for assistance." error.

Later, I double clicked that .p12 file and registered it with trusted enterprise certificates. Now the application installed fine. But it did not work in another PC. Later It worked when I did the same process in that PC also(i.e. I double clicked that .p12 file and registered it with trusted enterprise certificates in that PC).

In that process I found that the previous certificate was "VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2009-2 CA" and the renewed one is "VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2010 G5". Is this the reason???

Or am I doing something wrong while exporting the release build???? Somebody please help me ASAP.

FYI -  I am using this verion SDK "<application xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/air/application/1.5">" in my app.xml file.

Thanks & Regards,

Raj

Message was edited by: TomCruise06