3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2011 1:28 PM by Atlcenter

Page Thumbnails

Flatlander9717

I had Adobe 9.3 Reader on the computer I just bought.  It has Windows 7.  I have uploaded Reader X thinking maybe just 9.3 had the following problem.  It is found in both versons.

I use Page Thumbnails.  Once they are open on the left hand side (in version 8.0 reader) I have always been able to click on a thumbnail page ANYWHERE on that page and the portion I clicked on would show in the big window on the right hand side of the screen.  But, with the two newest versions (9.3 and X) this does not happen.  Only the top portion of the page shows when the thumbnail page is clicked on and to see the remainder of the page you must take the pointer and DRAG the highlight box down the thumbnail page.  Very time consuming compared to just clicking on the thumbnail page anywhere and see that information in the big window to the right.

Is there a plug-in to fix the problem or am I just stuck with it?  I spent 2.5 hours with Adobe help desk, willing to pay the $39.00 to find out if something was wrong.  No help.  They did not charge me to be fair to them.  Does anyone know if this can be done with the newer versions.  I could do it with Reader 8 on Vista.  Sigh.  It's the pits to not be able to do it with my job.

Flatlander