• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change default size of quizz answer #s?

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2010 Dec 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you change the default size of numbers or letters when creating a quiz.

For example:

A) 1st multiple choice

B) 2nd multiple choice

C) 3rd multiple choice

4) 4th multiple choice

How do I change the size of A), B), C), D)?

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, which version of Captivate are you using?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just select the answer text captions, go to the Properties tab > Character accordion and change the Size value.  Note that this will also change the size of the text as well, not just the numbers or letters that precede them.

Is this what you were after? Or were you trying to change the size of the letters/numbers only?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the method you outlined I can change the size of the answers but not

the question numbers/letters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you select the entire answer caption or just the text inside the caption?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 29, 2010 Dec 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Rod gave you the correct indication, but you do not see any difference in the Properties panel whether you are in Edit mode (for changing the text in the caption) or just have the Text Caption selected (to be able to change the numbering format). Here are 2 screenshots, you'll see a clear difference between the Edit mode : EditTC1.jpgand the Select Text Caption mode what you need to have:EditTC2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2011 Jan 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the text field as a whole and change the font size in the Character accordion. This will change the size of everything in the field including the numbering. Then, select just the answer text itself within the text field and change the font size again to whatever you want. This is how you manipulate font size for numbering independent of the text in the answer.

Good luck,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Captivate 9 and I'm trying to do exactly what the original posted wanted to do. None of the above suggestions are working for me. Can someone help? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the Answer, a dotted box will appear around the answer and the letter designator.

Go to Properties tab.

Make sure STYLE box is selected (Shown as Dark background).

Under the Character area select the font and size you want.

I just tested this approach in Cap 9 and it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is changing an individual answer size, not the default size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

once you get the font type and size and weight you want you can create multiple default styles under the style tab. then from there all you got to do is select all text you want to have that style and then scroll down and select the custom style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2016 Apr 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think that using the Object Style Manager before adding objects is a much better practice. I always start a project by creating a custom theme: theme colors palette, object styles, master slides and skin. During consultancy jobs I have seen so many overridden styles, which makes editing the design of a project a nightmare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2016 May 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Captivate 8, follow the steps below. They might be very similar in Captivate 9.

1. Click the Edit menu then click Preferences.
  2. In the Category menu on the left, under Quiz, click Default Labels.
  3. Click Create New Style button at the bottom.
  4. Expand Quizzing Objects on the left.
  5. Expand Captions.
  6. Click Answers/FIB Text.
  7. Make changes in Text Format box, then click OK twice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information, very useful. Is there a chance to change the Default numbering from A) > a)

I know you can select the answers and change it, however, I don't want to do this everytime. I want my default to be a),b),c)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a 0 years old thread.  Please start a new thread...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources