3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2010 8:51 AM by the_wine_snob

premiere pro CS5 5.0.3 can not import mts!

HarHorn

I updated my premiere pro CS5 to 5.0.3 today, but I found that premiere can not import mts. I do remember premiere CS5 had downloaded the addtional codecs the first time I opened it. And before I update premiere, I can import and edit mts files normally. Now, AfterEffects CS5 and Soundbooth CS5 can import and edit mts files, but Premiere can not. So what's the matter? What should I do? Thanks!

• 1. Re: premiere pro CS5 5.0.3 can not import mts!
          Colin Brougham Level 6

This update, as with previous ones, has had a nasty habit of reverting some users' retail installations back into trial mode. Unfortunately, the only way to fix this is to:

• Deactivate your install (Help > Deactivate within an app; you can opt to leave your serial number on the system)
          • Uninstall the app/suite
          • Download and run the Adobe CS5 Clean Tool
          • Reboot, and run the Clean Tool at least one more time (two or three would be better), followed by another reboot
          • Reinstall and update

It's a pain, indeed, but unfortunately, it's the only way to get back up and running.

By the way, you can confirm that you're in trial mode by opening the New Sequence dialog and looking at the number of sequence categories/presets there; if you're limited to things like DV and a few others, you're in trial mode.

• 2. Re: premiere pro CS5 5.0.3 can not import mts!
            tfi productions 44 Level 1

hello,

there are other threads in the forum that detail exactly

what might have happened regarding the 5.0.3 update for PPro

if you installed the trial version first, did you update with the trial version update

the update causes PPro to revert back to the trial version doesn't support MTS files)

and the only way to fix it is to uninstall, use the clean tool 2-3 times, then reinstall and update...

Trial limitations

Due to licenses of various codecs, several formats are not supported in the trial version of Adobe Premiere Pro CS5, limiting some of the features available in the trial. Formats not supported in the trial version include AVC-Intra, AVCHD, Canon XF, HDV, and XDCAM. In addition, sequence presets for RED or DSLR footage are not available in the trial, although RED R3D files are supported. Certain formats, such as MPEG-2, MPEG-2 DVD, and MPEG-2 Blu-ray, cannot be exported from the trial version.

again, there are more detailed threads in the forum about this exact thing

RESPOND BACK POSTING YOUR COMPUTER SPECS

and someone else can further direct you to the solution

i installed via the dvd's so i downloaded the 'dvd' update and not the 'trial' update

i don't recall AE having the issue or SB, just PPRo

• 3. Re: premiere pro CS5 5.0.3 can not import mts!
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Dang, it looks like the "Revert to Trial" on update Bug is back.

Wonder what the root cause of that is?

At least many here know the drill, and can share it with others. Guess that one has to seize ANY "silver-lining," in a storm.

Thanks Colin,

Hunt

PS - totally OT here, but I gave you attribution for the steps to fix the Win7 FW driver issue, and also attribution to Harm for first bringing it to my attention, in a Tips & Tricks article. Thanks!