19 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2011 5:26 AM by matelotjcm

Problems Burning DVD Files

NOKNOT

I have made a couple of home movies,saved the files to hard drive, and now I am having problems burning with Nero Burning Rom 10. I have always used Nero to burn my files but since I installed Premiere Elements 8 I cannot get it to burn. I contacted Nero,sent them the burning logs and they contacted me saying they could not find any problems. I was just wondering if maybe I have not got something config. right in Elements.Thanks.

• 1. Re: Problems Burning DVD Files
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It's usually the other way around, Noknot. Usually Nero screws up Premiere Elements.

If you reinstall Nero, it will likely take the burner back from Premiere Elements.

Though that's rarely necessary, since Nero rarely gives up access to the drive. Have you double-checked Nero's configuration to ensure something hasn't changed?

• 2. Re: Problems Burning DVD Files
            NOKNOT Level 1

Thanks Steve. I have tried reinstalling Nero but I get the same error. When I first installed Elements I had trouble and had to update drives and everything so I thought that might be the problem so I uninstalled both Nero and Elements. I reinstalled Nero first used it several days and it worked well with Sony Movie Studio so I thought maybe the NVIDIA updates might have corrupted some files or something so I reinstalled Elements again, made another home movie, saved it to hard drive and tried to burn with Nero and got the same error.

• 3. Re: Problems Burning DVD Files
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

See if the FREE http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download will work for you

If not, you may have a failing drive or bad media

• 4. Re: Problems Burning DVD Files
                the_wine_snob Level 9

Along with John T's suggestion (good one, BTW), what are the exact steps that you are using?

It could well be that something in the workflow is causing the error. BTW, what is the Nero error message?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 5. Re: Problems Burning DVD Files
                  NOKNOT Level 1

As far as work flow, just download files from Camcorder, edit files, create menu based movie, burn to hard drive then later on I burn to disk.I have just burned some video files using Nero that I created with another program. I have also just burned some files created by Elements using another program other than Nero. There is a conflict between the two. I really dont know what to do now. I have purchased both softwares and it would be nice if they could  work with each other,neither one was cheap. Thanks for all the help and suggestions, I may have to uninstall one or the other.

Error.jpg

• 6. Re: Problems Burning DVD Files
                    nealeh Level 5

Check to see if you installed Nero InCD with the other Nero components. If you did, uninstall it - it is the devil's (software) spawn!

Cheers,
                    --
                    Neale
                    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 7. Re: Problems Burning DVD Files
                      the_wine_snob Level 9

Well, that Nero error message is about as useless, as some in Adobe programs - still, thanks for posting it.

The workflow that you describe, basically doing a Burn to Folder should work with Nero, as you are only using Nero to do the physical Burn, and with the full VIDEO_TS folder and files, it's just a straight Burn. I'd give the great, free ImgBurn a try (John T's link above), and just Burn that VIDEO_TS folder to disc.

Not sure if Nero is looking for a non-authored AV file, or something else. What are you telling Nero that you want it to do? While I have Nero on one computer, I have to admit that it's old, was installed without some of its modules, and also is seldom used. Maybe others will be able to tell you a setting to use in Nero.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 8. Re: Problems Burning DVD Files
                        matelotjcm

Hi,

I dont have an answer, but I have exactly the same problem as you.

If I find an answer I will tell you.

• 9. Re: Problems Burning DVD Files
                          the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

In PrE, are you able to do a Burn to Folder, creating the VIDEO_TS folder and the enclosed IFO, BUP and VOB files? When you point your DVD software player to that VIDEO_TS folder, does that play fine?

If so, instead of Nero, download and install the great free burning utility, ImgBurn, that John T. linked to above. Use it to burn Files and Folders, choosing JUST the VIDEO_TS folder. Test on the computer, and also on a set-top DVD player, hooked to a TV. Use only high-quality blank media, like Verbatim, or Taiyo-Yuden, and I would also drop the burn speed down from the max, something that you cannot do in PrE.

Report your successes, or problems. If you get any error messages at any step, please give us all the info in the messages, and a screen-cap would likely be very, very helpful.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 10. Re: Problems Burning DVD Files
                            matelotjcm Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I just try on a small project and it works well.

Thanks

Jean-Claude

2011/1/31 Bill Hunt <forums@adobe.com>

Welcome to the forum.

>

In PrE, are you able to do a Burn to Folder, creating the VIDEO_TS folder

and the enclosed IFO, BUP and VOB files? When you point your DVD software

player to that VIDEO_TS folder, does that play fine?

>

If so, instead of Nero, download and install the great free burning

utility, ImgBurn, that John T. linked to above. Use it to burn Files and

Folders, choosing JUST the VIDEO_TS folder. Test on the computer, and also

on a set-top DVD player, hooked to a TV. Use only high-quality blank media,

like Verbatim, or Taiyo-Yuden, and I would also drop the burn speed down

from the max, something that you cannot do in PrE.

>

Report your successes, or problems. If you get any error messages at any

step, please give us all the info in the messages, and a screen-cap would

likely be very, very helpful.

>

Good luck,

>

Hunt

>

• 11. Re: Problems Burning DVD Files
                              Robert J. Johnston Level 2

I had the same error as you when I tried burning a DVD-Video using Nero Burning Rom 10. The problem is unlikely related to Premiere Elements, however, as I uninstalled pre9 and still had the error. The problem wasn't limited to Premiere Elements video projects burned to folder, I also had problems with other folders burned by other apps. The problem has nothing to do with type of media you have in the burner because I couldn't even burn to the Nero image recorder. Nero Burning Rom still burns other types of discs using the other templates. The problem is just with DVD-Video, I believe. I was able to burn a DVD-Video with Nero Express, so that would be another way you could burn a DVD-Video disc.

• 12. Re: Problems Burning DVD Files
                                matelotjcm Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for the information. Using Nero Express it works. I have other

folders created by Video Studio pro and I am able to burn these folders

using Nero Burning Rom 10. The only folders that I cant burn with Nero

Burning Rom are folders created by PE 9.

Jean-Claude

2011/2/1 Robert J. Johnston <forums@adobe.com>

I had the same error as you when I tried burning a DVD-Video using Nero

Burning Rom 10. The problem is unlikely related to Premiere Elements,

however, as I uninstalled pre9 and still had the error. The problem wasn't

limited to Premiere Elements video projects burned to folder, I also had

problems with other folders burned by other apps. Nero Burning Rom still

burns other types of discs using the other templates. The problem is just

with DVD-Video, I believe. I was able to burn a DVD-Video with Nero Express,

so that would be another way you could burn a DVD-Video disc.

>

• 13. Re: Problems Burning DVD Files
                                  nealeh Level 5

Very strange - Nero Express is basically just a 'friendly' front end for Nero Burning component. You should report this oddity to Nero support as it sounds like a Nero bug.

Are you selecting just the VIDEO_TS folder? If not, try it and see. If you already are try selecting the parent folder.

Cheers,
                                  --
                                  Neale

• 14. Re: Problems Burning DVD Files
                                    matelotjcm Level 1

Hi,

I just select the VIDEO_TS folder. But the problem with the burning a DVD

from a VIDEO_Ts folder happens only from folder created by PRE 9.

2011/2/1 nealeh <forums@adobe.com>

Very strange - Nero Express is basically just a 'friendly' front end for

Nero Burning component. You should report this oddity to Nero support as it

sounds like a Nero bug.

>

Are you selecting just the VIDEO_TS folder? If not, try it and see. If you

already are try selecting the parent folder.

>

Cheers,

--

Neale

>

• 15. Re: Problems Burning DVD Files
                                      nealeh Level 5

Point Nero at the folder ABOVE video_ts and see if that makes any difference.

Cheers,
                                      --
                                      Neale

• 16. Re: Problems Burning DVD Files
                                        matelotjcm Level 1

Hi,

It does not change. Not working. I just submit a question to NERO.....

2011/2/1 nealeh <forums@adobe.com>

Point Nero at the folder ABOVE video_ts and see if that makes any

difference.

>

Cheers,

--

Neale

>

• 17. Re: Problems Burning DVD Files
                                          NOKNOT Level 1

matelotjcm, Im afraid Nero support wont be very helpful. They sent me back an E-Mail and said that they duplicated the error but had not made any updates to fix it as of a few weeks ago. I had no trouble burning anything except the video files created by Elements 8. Other burning applications worked fine,just Nero Burning Rom 10. If you ever decide to purchase another burning application I would suggest Easy CD-DA Extractor. It has burned everything without any trouble and comes with lifetime updates and upgrades. Hope you have better luck with Nero than I had.

• 18. Re: Problems Burning DVD Files
                                            matelotjcm Level 1

Thanks for the info. I will tell you the answer

2011/2/1 NOKNOT <forums@adobe.com>

matelotjcm, Im afraid Nero support wont be very helpful. They sent me back

an E-Mail and said that they duplicated the error but had not made any

updates to fix it as of a few weeks ago. I had no trouble burning anything

except the video files created by Elements 8. Other burning applications

worked fine,just Nero Burning Rom 10. If you ever decide to purchase another

burning application I would suggest Easy CD-DA Extractor. It has burned

everything without any trouble and comes with lifetime updates and upgrades.

Hope you have better luck with Nero than I had.

>

• 19. Re: Problems Burning DVD Files
                                              matelotjcm Level 1

Hi,

I receive the same answer as yours from NERO.

We will see........