2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2011 5:29 AM by Kimble Meteorite

Javascript does not work in Adobe 9 Reader

LegalJen2

I have created a Parent PDF Index with attachments. Next to each document name, I have 3 icons (PDF, Print and Email icons). The PDF Icon has a basic link: "Go to page in another document" The Print Icon has the "Go to page in another document" link and a javascript: app.execMenuItem("Print"); -When someone clicks the Print Icon, the attached document opens and the Print Box opens to print the attached document. The Email icon has the "Go to page in another document" link and a javascript: app.execMenuItem("AcroSendMail:SendMail"); -When someone clicks the Email Icon, the attached document opens and is automatically attached to a blank email. These links and javascripts worked perfectly in Adobe 8 Professional, Adobe 7 Reader and Adobe 8 Reader. However, the Print and Email functions are not working correctly in Adobe 9 Reader. The Print Icon is clicked and the Print Box opens first and the document opens last (therefore, it is printing the Index not the attached document). Same thing with the Email Icon...it is emailing the Index not the attached document. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue? Thank you in advance for your help!